Spells descriptions IMPLEMENTED

Alexander82

Spells descriptions IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

I think we should make a way to obtain a spell description in game. Sometimes you try a different race and you don't have a clue about what a spell does or on how it works
Age of Fantasy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Re: Spells descriptions

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

You are right alex
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I agree. This is a very important change.
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Daniel, this is very important. I often don't have a clue of what a spell does, and people on google play don't always read the board...
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, if u could help me in the descriptive textings for the spells i can easily put them into the generated helpfile!

here are all spell/ability and effect names, and we need the detailed textings
<string name="EFFECT_POISONED_ARROWS">Poisoned</string>
<string name="EFFECT_FIRE_ARROWS">Burning</string>
<string name="EFFECT_IMMEDIATE_CONVERSION">Convert</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TRANSFORM1">Transform</string>
<string name="EFFECT_SLOWING">Slowing</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_FEAR">Fear</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_VISION">Clear vision</string>
<string name="EFFECT_DISARMOR">Disarmor</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_STRENGTHEN">Strengthen</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_HEAL">Heal</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_DISENCHANT">Disenchant</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SUMMON_SKELETON">Animate Skeleton</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_CASTER_AND_TARGET_DIES">Sacrificed killer</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_PAIN_DAMAGER">Pain and hit</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_DOUBLE_STRIKE">Double strike</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_TRAMPLE">Trample</string>
<string name="EFFECT_SUMMON_GOBLIN">Goblin falling</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_LIFELINK">Lifelink</string>
<string name="EFFECT_CAST_LIFELINK">Lifelink to unit</string>
<string name="EFFECT_CAST_POISON_WEAPON">Poison weapon</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_POISONED_WEAPON">Poisoned weapon</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_STRENGTH_1ATTACK">Aura: Group attack</string>
<string name="EFFECT_VISION">Vision</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_VISION_ULIMITED">Aura: Vision</string>
<string name="EFFECT_STRENGTH_1ATTACK">Group attack</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_LIFELINK">Aura: Lifelink</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_REGENERATION">Regeneration</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_BANSHEE_SCREAM">Screaming</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_TROLL_ROT">Rotten</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SACRI_HP_DAMAGE">Hell of pain by sacrifice</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_EAT_CORPSE_TO_HEAL">Eat up a corpse</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_VANISHING">Vanishing</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SUMMON_WOLF">Summon Wolf</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SUMMON_ENT">Summon Ent</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SUMMON_ORC_DRAGON">Summon Dragon</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SUMMON_UND_DRAGON">Summon Dragon</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ANIMATE_DEAD">Animate dead</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_THUNDER_STORM">Thunder Storm</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANTMENT_CURSED">Curse</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_FORESTWALK">Forestwalk</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_MOUNTAINWALK">Mountainwalk</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_WATERWALK">Swim</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_AIRTWALK">Fly</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_HEAL_5_ULIMITED">Aura: Heal</string>
<string name="EFFECT_HEAL_5">Healing</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_FIREBALL">Fireball</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_DRAGON_FIRE">Fire Breath</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_DRAGON_BREATH">Poison Breath</string>

sample:
<string name="EFFECT_POISONED_ARROWS">Poisoned</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_POISONED_ARROWS">A unit gets poisoned when hit by poisoned arrows, or weapons. The poisoning lasts 5 turns and each turn -4HP is lost because of poisoning. Poisoning is not cumulative so an already poisoned unit will not get poisoned harder.</string>
<string name="EFFECT_SLOWING">Slowing</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_SLOWING">Use this spell to slow your enemy, the spell lasts for 3 turns and the target speed is reduced by 4</string>

thanks for any help!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I can do it but i don't know the effect for all the spells
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks! ok, please make the ones u know! thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

hello! this seems getting more important - i receive many questions about it.
So
- i am implementing into the documentation a way to generate in the spell descriptions,
- when i am ready i will only need the texts, if anyone could help with descriptions that he/she knows that would be awesome (format above)

thanks!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Sorry i've really been short on time lately. I'll try to help.
kurt278

Detailed game rules anywhere?

Post by kurt278 »

(Don't know if this is the right forum for this, feel free to move)

I just started playing AoF, and was wondering if there were some detailed game rule set to be found somewhere. Like, what all those special things do, what do you need to build a specific unit (I seem to have discovered that you have to own town centers for some rounds before they can build most units), and so on. The included quickstart guide doesn't mention anything. Some things are implied but I'd still like to have more information on, like for instance the AI: "Hard" and "easy" AI seem self-explaining, but what is the actual difference? Does the AI gets cheaper units, is its "brain" more powerful, or something else?

Thanks in advance.
kurt278

Re: Detailed game rules anywhere?

Post by kurt278 »

Hm. I guess that's a "no". :(

I'd really like to know what all those technologies (for instance) are good for. I mean "ballistics" is marked as required to build catapults, but what is "writing" (or some such) good for?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

has anyone partly written texts? if not no problem - i will write it then.

thanks!
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Aof is still in beta stage.its campaigns are not thoroughly balanced/perfect , it still lacks proper description of spells and the help guide is shorter than america's constitution.all this is being worked upon as of now.so u may have to wait a bit.i did not get it for the first time too.even no. I am a rookie in aof.but i know the basics. Keep checking the forum- the forum will teach you what the help file cannot.
Stronger ai means it knows where you are in fog of war, your assassins are useless(the ai can see them) and some other priviledges not given too the player or ai easy
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

merged to here where we work on the descriptions.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

(AOS based tech desrioptions are already in in AOF next DEV version. eg. "writing".)
kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

TheBluePhoenix wrote:i did not get it for the first time too.even no.
Yes, but they were thought of by somebody and implemented by somebody. So, "somebody" must know what they are for...

I can understand documentation hasn't been written yet. Documentation is always the part developers hate the most... :mrgreen:
But at this point a one-liner list like "Ballistics - allows building siege engines" would suffice.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thats why i suggested visiting the forum
If you want u cAn contact alexander82 for further clarity.he is by far the most active person in aof amongst the ppl i know

kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

Thanks, but I guess I won't be the only newbie around here and it would be more time - efficient to write this unique knowledge down somewhere, once and for all, wouldn't it.
Isn't there anybody tasked to collect information for a real manual?
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thats what i said-the help file is being updated and spell descriptions are being added. Eventually it wil be out.if you cant wait till then , try asking the more experienced members .please read the posts properly so that i dont have to repeat what i already said

kurt278

Post by kurt278 »

Sir! I'm sorry, sir! :shock:
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

does anyone working this? (i am about to finish it but please if you have fragments send that to me prior)
thanks!
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

<string name="EFFECT_TXT_FIRE_ARROWS">Burning arrow that will burns buildings to the ground</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_IMMEDIATE_CONVERSION">Converts enemy units into your side</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_TRANSFORM1">Transforms this unit into something else</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_SLOWING">Decreases the speed of enemy units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_FEAR">Fears enemy units to decrease their power</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_VISION">Increases your archer damage and range</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_DISARMOR">Disables enemy units armor</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_STRENGTHEN">Increases the strength of your units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_HEAL">Heals your units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DISENCHANT">Lifts of evil spells from your units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_SKELETON">Raises nearby corpses into an army of skeletons</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_CASTER_AND_TARGET_DIES">Sacrifices your mummy to kill enemy units instantly</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_PAIN_DAMAGER">Damages your lich and enemy units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DOUBLE_STRIKE">Allows your units to attack twice on the same turn</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_TRAMPLE">Gives your units area of effect</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_SUMMON_GOBLIN">Shoots goblin to enemy units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_LIFELINK">Lifelink</string>
<string name="EFFECT_CAST_LIFELINK">Lifelink to unit</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_CAST_POISON_WEAPON">Pours poison to your units weapons</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_POISONED_WEAPON">Poisoned weapon</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_STRENGTH_1ATTACK">Aura: Group attack</string>
<string name="EFFECT_VISION">Vision</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_VISION_ULIMITED">Aura: Vision</string>
<string name="EFFECT_STRENGTH_1ATTACK">Group attack</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_LIFELINK">Aura: Lifelink</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_REGENERATION">Heals your units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_BANSHEE_SCREAM">Screams on enemy units to damage and scare them</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_TROLL_ROT">Rotten</string>
<string name="EFFECT_INSTANT_SACRI_HP_DAMAGE">Hell of pain by sacrifice</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_EAT_CORPSE_TO_HEAL">Eats up a corpse to heal this units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_VANISHING">Vanishing</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_WOLF">Summons a wolf to help you fight</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_ENT">Summons an ent to help you fight</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_ORC_DRAGON">Summons a mighty green dragon by sacrificing 3 of your units adjacent to your shaman</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_UND_DRAGON">Summon a skeletal dragon from 3 corpses adjacent to your lich</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ANIMATE_DEAD">Raises any nearby corpses as your army</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_THUNDER_STORM">Strucks enemy units with thunder storm</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANTMENT_CURSED">Curses enemy units to disable them</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_FORESTWALK">Forestwalk</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_MOUNTAINWALK">Mountainwalk</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_WATERWALK">Swim</string>
<string name="EFFECT_ENCHANT_AIRTWALK">Fly</string>
<string name="EFFECT_AURA_HEAL_5_ULIMITED">Aura: Heal</string>
<string name="EFFECT_HEAL_5">Healing</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_FIREBALL">Shoots fireball to the enemy units that will burn them down</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DRAGON_FIRE">Breaths fire to your enemy units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DRAGON_BREATH">Breaths poison to enemy units</string>
samuelch

Post by samuelch »

I still don't understand some of them.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

thanks!
i will modify them since you did not put any specifics there (how much hp, how much turns and so on)

but it is good for a start - thanks!
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

here is the almost reay one, i will polish it and post it in next update - thanks!

Code: Select all

<string name="EFFECT_TXT_FIRE_ARROWS">Burning arrow that will burn buildings to the ground, it vanishes in a few turns, each turn it is active will inflict 5 damage plus bonuses</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_IMMEDIATE_CONVERSION">Instant, target enemy unit is converted to your side</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_TRANSFORM1">Starts the transformation</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_SLOWING">Enchantment, target enemy units loses 4 speed, vanishes in a few turns</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_FEAR">Enchantment, target enemy unit loses 5 power</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_VISION">Enchantment, Target friendly archer gets +1 damage and +1 range, vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_DISARMOR">Enchantment, target enemy unit loses -10/-10 armor, vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_STRENGTHEN">Enchantment, target friendly unit gains +3 attack power, vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_HEAL">Instant, target friendly unit gains +10HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DISENCHANT">Instant, removes all negative spells from target friendly unit or removes all positive spells from target enemy unit</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_SKELETON">Instant, summons a Skeleton warrior</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_CASTER_AND_TARGET_DIES">Instant, target enemy unit dies instantly, also your caster dies</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_PAIN_DAMAGER">Instant, target enemy unit loses 10HP but your caster also loses 10HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DOUBLE_STRIKE">Enchantment, target friendly unit attacks twice in one turn, it vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_TRAMPLE">Enchantment, target friendly unit gets area damage, it vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_SUMMON_GOBLIN">Instant, shoots a nearby goblin to target enemy unit inflicting the same amount of damage as the shot goblin HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_LIFELINK">Enchantment, target friendly unit gains Lifelink (damage dealt by enchanted creature also causes enchanted unit to gain that much life))</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_CAST_LIFELINK">Enchantment, target friendly units gains Lifelink (damage dealt by enchanted creature also causes enchanted unit to gain that much life)</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_CAST_POISON_WEAPON">Enchentment, the unit\'s weapon gains Poisoning (when a flesh and blood unit is damaged by this weapon than the target unit gets Poisoned)</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_POISONED_WEAPON">Enchantment, the unit\'s weapon gains Poisoning (when a flesh and blood unit is damaged by this weapon than the target unit gets Poisoned)</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_AURA_STRENGTH_1ATTACK">Aura: all adjacent units within aura range will get +1 attack</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_VISION">Enchantment, enchanted unit gets +1 damage and +1 range, vanishes in a few turns</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_AURA_VISION_ULIMITED">Aura: all units in aura range gets +1 damage and +1 range</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_STRENGTH_1ATTACK">Aura: all adjacent units within aura range will get +1 attack</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_AURA_LIFELINK">Aura: friendly units in aura range gain Lifelink (damage dealt by enchanted creature also causes enchanted unit to gain that much life)</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_REGENERATION">Instant, target friendly unit totally regenerated, regains its maximal HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_BANSHEE_SCREAM">Instant, target enemy unit loses 10 HP and gains Fear</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_TROLL_ROT">Instant, target enemy unit loses 10 HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SACRI_HP_DAMAGE">Instant, sacrifice a nearby unit, target enemy unit lose that many HP as the sacrificed unit had</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_EAT_CORPSE_TO_HEAL">Regenerate this unit by eating a nearby corpse</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_VANISHING">Enchantment, enchanted unit dies when the enchantment vanishes, it vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_WOLF">Instant, summons a wolf to help your fight</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_ENT">Instant, summons an ent to help your fight</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_ORC_DRAGON">Instant, summons a mighty green dragon by sacrificing 3 of your adjacent units</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_SUMMON_UND_DRAGON">Instant, summon a skeletal dragon from 3 adjacent corpses</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ANIMATE_DEAD">Instant, raises nearby corpses into an army of skeletons</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_THUNDER_STORM">Instant, strucks enemy units with thunder storm, only flesh and blood units are affected</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANTMENT_CURSED">Enchantment, target enemy unit get Cursed (enchanted unit can not move, or do any action), vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_FORESTWALK">Enchantment, target friendly unit gains Forestwalk (can walk tru forest), vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_MOUNTAINWALK">Enchantment, target friendly unit gains Mountainwalk (can walk tru mountains), vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_WATERWALK">Enchantment, target friendly unit gains Swim (can swim tru water), vanishes in a few turns</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_ENCHANT_AIRTWALK">Enchantment, target friendly unit gains Flying (can fly), vanishes in a few turns</string> 
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_AURA_HEAL_5_ULIMITED">Aura: all friendly units in aura range is healed every turn gaining +5 HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_HEAL_5">Instant, target friendly unit gains 5 HP</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_FIREBALL">Instant, shoots fireball to the enemy units, burnable units will get Burning effect</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DRAGON_FIRE">Instant, breaths fire to target enemy unit, target enemy unit will lose 10 HP and burnable units will get Burning effect</string>
<string name="EFFECT_TXT_INSTANT_DRAGON_BREATH">Instant, breaths poison to enemy units, target enemy unit will lose 10 HP and flesh and blood units will get Poisoned</string>
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

the descriptions are now visible in the help file!
Thanks!
Skelegonsans

Re: Spells descriptions IMPLEMENTED

Post by Skelegonsans »

The descriptions are ONLY in the dev version, or also in google play version? This spell description thing is important, some newbies might find it hard to understand the spells...
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I have the dev version and can't find the description
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

in main meny in help you can find them in the appendix.

Return to “Archived - Other”