Bombers issue

StormSaint373

Bombers issue

Post by StormSaint373 »

Bombers only have 100% bonus vs infantry...

It needs to be the same as the other bonuses.

Can this be fixed?
Beware the calm before the Tempest. . .
Midonik

Re: Bombers issue

Post by Midonik »

That sounds needed. It would be good if they didn't one shoot infantry I think.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sorry but not clear what is the requested change, how much bonus should it have? (now it have +100%)
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Ex: bonuses vs tanks 1000%
Bonuses vs infantry: 100%

For a Junker Ju88

4 bombing runs are needed with one bomber to deal with one infantry unit.

Other bombers face the same issue.
The only one able to "one shot" infantry is B-17

Needs to have same bonuses vs infantry as vs tanks, buildings and ships.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

but you say the opposite as midonik?
It would be good if they didn't one shoot infantry I think.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Wha... Please don't increase the bonus of bombers against infantry if they have lower that's how it's supposed to be have you seen how op were the bombers it was a game of AAs and planes at some point cause they were so powerful.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Well, bombers are slow and vulnerable...

To AAs, Fighter-bombers, And fighters...

Junkers needs a dmg improvement to 14 at least.

The Carnage left by a bomber should be devastating to say the least.

If not one shotting infantry, at least increase base dmg of the bombers so the damage is crippling, if not lethal.
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

StormSaint373 wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 5:59 pm Well, bombers are slow and vulnerable...
Most planes go well over 200mph or 300 kmph in a level flight position, and bomber planes aren't all that simple to destroy when they have 2 or more engines, and mounted unfixed machineguns firing at fighters. Typically, fighters/ heavy fighters can use heavier fixed weaponry to overcome this. Othertimes bombers can fly too far for AA to reach, like the superfortress, which can drop a bomb, and it could take over half a minute for it to blow up in midair.

Honestly, I'm happy with the way they are now.
OLÉ
StormSaint373

Post by StormSaint373 »

Nevertheless, it shouldn't take 4+ ju88 to kill one infantry battalion.

I have looked at aftermath photos and heard the stories of war veterans. A bombing run is devastating to anything beneath it. Infantry are no exception.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I would turn to balance this time. There is a lot of important factors in plane warfere (like fuel) we don't include so we must balance that in cost of realism.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

fuel ment to be calculated on movement range.

so if some plane has high operational range than will get bigger speed in game - check the XLS formula.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

B4 deciding DMG, first decide how big an army u imagine each infantry unit to b, if its considered hundred or so soldiers each tile, then no, bombers won't b effective, realistically they r only effective wen huge mass of soldiers r concentrated in small location

And that only happened wen they were defending some structure or point which gives bombers bonus against buildings (HP of buildings isn't just the durability of structure but also includes man power used to run it, and they die under atk from bombers)

More often than not, infantry fights in open places and forests spreading out over large area and mostly five or six dies per bomb in such situations only if the very low accurate bombs fall in right location
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Exactly what I was thinking. Even dive bombers, close air support, you call it, are effective mainly against fortifications or concentration points.
You are referring to veteran's stories Strom, but didn't you put them out of context?
And we must decided the scale of those things it's important how can we discuss stuff correctly without that awwww
According to my calculations on a single tiles there is at least a 100 men but the tile is quite big as well.

Return to “Issues”