Tower spam

Lawrence

Tower spam

Post by Lawrence »

I think it is really frustrating that AI always builds towers around their tc's, can you rewrite that part please? (I maybe can help with a sheme)
Random guy: "Lets use goblins."
Me: "GOBLINS? THIS IS LAWRENCIAAAAA!"
godOfKings

Re: Tower spam

Post by godOfKings »

wat should ai make instead of towers? may b a low chance to make castles, but in that case ai shouldnt b able to make them in default games
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Just a bit further from their tc
Random guy: "Lets use goblins."
Me: "GOBLINS? THIS IS LAWRENCIAAAAA!"
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

the current way is easier to code than a bit further from town, although ai could calculate how far is enemy and may b make new towers in peace territories...
@Stratego (dev) wat do u think, can it b done?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

sure i need only specific suggestions for it.
i mean which exact place to put TC "tasks" for the AI.

i mean the current specification:
1. place building right beside all tc-s (all 4 sides if they are buildable terrain),
2. and building/TC probability is calculated by "buildables.json" setting.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

It could b the next priority after fulfilling all space next to tc with towers

Currently after filling up space next to tc, ai workers charge at enemies and die in vain.

So after this the second priority would b workers make towers in peace territories, but the distance of tower from enemies should b such that it takes Max 5 or so turns for enemy to reach it, so that they don't build tower at edge of map uselessly,

or even without this setting, workers randomly making towers in any place is still better than workers charging at enemies after building towers next to town

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

actually not so easy to determine enemy distance and direction, we can have more enemies, and they can have units and tc-s eveywhere.
so i have yet figured out how to determine such thing as: between enemies.
it can be solved surely but not that trivial as put 4 buildings around tc-s :) if u have any suggestions please tell me

i can put more things in ai, but i want to make the best solution to save time on later adjustments.

-----------------------
so question: in general what people build with workers after they have every building built? ai should do the same.
eg:
- building one or 2 tiers of wall defenses, but calculating the existing terrain too, so the minimal walls wiould be needed.
- rushing on ememy with units and right behind them building towers for support and "healing" places.
- starting building buildable units like catapults
- etc.
Lucifer

Post by Lucifer »

Wagons and castles. Definitely.
Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

they cant use wagon well so no wagon, but i like idea of building towers close to enemies for healing etc.

i guess easiest choice is once they built four towers, and start rushing towards enemy, they start building towers on their path, after finishing building the tower they move closer to enemy and build another tower, and go on till they finally reach enemy base and die

or god forbid *gulp* CAPTURE THE ENEMY BASE THEMSELVES (the workers) :shock: :shock:

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I suggest to add in that build list also catapults and battering rams.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

They do make these things in siege workshop but by workers it is difficult to determine where they should build these things, will it b same as building towers while rushing towards enemy? (Could b done on first construction while workers make only towers subsequently as they move closer to enemy)

makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Exactly, gok.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

OK so priority can b like this
Task 1
Build factories/towers next to tc

Task 2
Move one turn closer to enemy then construct catapult/battering ram (both have 50-50 weight)

Task 3
After finishing construction of siege move closer to enemy and start building tower (fortress 60 weight, guard tower 40 weight as enemy might still b far)

Task 4
After constructing tower continue to move closer to enemy and build towers (guard tower weight 100)
This task will b repeated by worker until it dies

Also if any unit or building needs mending or hasn't finish construction yet but worker is dead, then there will b high weight to make new worker and low weight to make laborer

Return to “AI”