Bomb Tower bug

Moderators: Endru1241, Endru1241

redtiger7

Bomb Tower bug

Post by redtiger7 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:17 am

AI can see bomb towers and hit them without the towers exploding. At least in teh Liberators map.

Endru1241

Re: Bomb Tower bug

Post by Endru1241 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:09 am

There are units, which see stealth:
Scouts (scout dog, scout bird), other stealth units (assasin, spy, ranger).

Any of them having stealth unit, such as bomb tower in the range makes enemy see them.
Stealth unit is also seen, when adjacent.

Bomb tower is code wise - stationary assassin. It's attack sacrifices it, by also kills the enemy unit on the same time.

Can You provide more info? Which unit attacked? What was in the range?
Age of Strategy design leader

redtiger7

Post by redtiger7 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:09 pm

It's Liberastors map in he Two Kingdoms campaighn. Bunch of knights just run straight down the road, attack the tower, take it out, and take no damage themselves. I've restarted the game several times and the same thing happens. No other enemy units around.

Endru1241

Post by Endru1241 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:18 am

Just checked bomb tower - no bug occurs. Any regular unit, that attacks bomb tower is killed along with tower destruction.
Although - there is another possibility.
Bomb tower has exact same properties as assasin - it's steppable too. So, any enemy unit could just step on the tower - removing it completely.

I don't know who was original creator of the map, but I assume - that could be the intention.
It could also be implemented like that, because AoS lacked many features existing today (like mine mechanism - explode {attack} on step).
Age of Strategy design leader

Return to “Units/techs/effects”