Tankhead

Elven Sub race

Post by Tankhead »

Before I start discussing units/bulidings

Which should be a subrace:
-dark elves
-sun elves
-gaia ( earth,plant,tree units )
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
Midonik

Re: Elven Sub race

Post by Midonik »

Current ones are wood elfs. We can make a dark and/or high elf as subrace(s)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I don't know about full sub race but i want to see for elves their variants - Night elves, Sun elves, High elves (maybe)
Gaia or other variant of plants can't be as a full sub faction as for me.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Dark elves
Moon elves
High elves
Frost elves
River elves
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Tbh I believe dark elves are just as popular as regular elves but are seen as outcast.
Those other ones you just suggested can easily be its own faction ( not as sub race)
But again its just my opinion
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm don't like idea of "river elves", "frost elves". Can't become a full faction because i am planning to post later ideas of nature spirits (Nayada - spirit of river, some spirits of forests, mountains, thunder, fire)
Dark elves are not good idea maybe for them because they are not so friendly with nature usually.
I will prefer to see Sun elves/high elves and Moon elves/Night Elves here as part of current elves.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

We can set dark/night whatever elfs so their somehow work with normal elf's cause they cooperate against other races and y'know, everyone does their things: dark elfs make thier dark rituals, sadistic orgies etc, while wood elfs (so current ones) care about nature and stuff and high elfs plot intrigues, meanwhile they all slaughter humans, dwarfs, orcs, undeads and whoever interferes in their business. (my vision on elfs is too influenced by Warhammer fantasy, and your seem to be more Warcraft I think, we need to come to agreement in those vision)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Midonik wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:10 pm We can set dark/night whatever elfs so their somehow work with normal elf's cause they cooperate against other races and y'know, everyone does their things: dark elfs make thier dark rituals, sadistic orgies etc, while wood elfs (so current ones) care about nature and stuff and high elfs plot intrigues, meanwhile they all slaughter humans, dwarfs, orcs, undeads and whoever interferes in their business. (my vision on elfs is too influenced by Warhammer fantasy, and your seem to be more Warcraft I think, we need to come to agreement in those vision)
Agreed
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Night elves are different from dark elves.
Dark elves are nature enemies of wood elves.
Night elves are somewhat similar to wood elves - they also care about forests but they rely on ambush tactics rather than on pure archers and summons.
Sun elves/high elves are more advanced part of elves, who can design some better siege units, better armors and have better training and because they are better fighters but they spend less time to train their archers so they are not so good as wooden ones.

Inspired my vision by:
Warcraft 3
MTG
HoMM 5
Sacred
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Sun elves sounds great but between dark elves I still think dark elves

Btw how many sub race can a main race have?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Ask the orc.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

:lol:
Yea. Orcs have right now:
Giants - various
Trolls
Uruks
Goblins

As for elves i prefer not to add for them dark ones because i don't want to see for them more debuffing spells of dark magic or more offencive spells which are not natural.
This must be one of weak points for elves - lack of offencive and debuffing spells.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Then I suggest: not dark elfs, only night. They use magic that cloud be considered dark, but not as much as undead, no rising dead or abominations like flesh golems. They will have some dark god they prey to and practice some dark rituals. Ambushes and stuff is good.
I thought they cloyd have a crossbow mens as basic ranged, that will have a high attack and lower bonus than normal elfs, so they can take heavier armored infantry (elfs have problems with that a bit), not effted by bows' upgrades.
They basic infantry (spear and sword) cloud have more hp and attack than normal elfs, but three speed, and no dogde. Effected by sword and armor upgrades.
Also they cloud have many anty infantry infantries (like dragger masters or blood sisters), lightly armed and armored. They will often have some dogdes and will be effected by dogde upgrades.
They clould have some agile riders to capture tcs too, since elfs don't have such units.
I prefer high elfs name.
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Ok what about sun ones first dark ones second?

Oh well nvm
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Night elves rely on nature magic and star magic (blessed by the moon, summons starfall/meteor storm and some other ideas i won't spoil now...).
Also @Midonik — night elves are nearly same as wood elves but more stealthy.
Night elves yes have weaker archers than wood ones but they are still affected by their upgrades.
Their infantries will be on same level as regular ones but with hide ability to prepare ambush and +1 turn cost. Maybe a bit more damage if you attack unit from ambush.
Their casters will summon wraith of nature upon heads of their opponents but that is not a dark magic. Dark magic is curses, fear, necromancy, living dead.

Crossbow is more advanced and i suggest them for high/sun elves. Sun elves are inventors of evles and can get better siege units and better weapons and armors for their units on the other hand.

I think they both can be as sub race each.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

For some reason I could think of a name like Star Elves, they can use meteors and the power of the cosmos as something.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Crossbows for high/sun whatever sounds fine.
I still prefer my idea, but maybe those will workout better. I might put some ideas I made up to that cultist stuff, they can fit there.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

General Brave wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:14 pm For some reason I could think of a name like Star Elves, they can use meteors and the power of the cosmos as something.
And also:
Have UFO, Space marines, deadly lasers, scafanders, nuclear reactors :lol:

No i think this must be a part of night elves - to use power of cosmos.
Why do you think they are called "Night"? Because at night you can see much better stars and receive energy from them as well.

Both sun/high and night elves are forest protectors as wood ones. But they have their own ways of doing that:

-Night elves are trying to use even more than wood elves energy of nature and are even able to use energy of cosmos (which is part of nature still), they will have more offencive spells with pretty high cooldown (it is time consuming to channel energy from cosmos) and even deeper connection with animals of woods;

-Sun elves on the other hand rely more on inventions and arcane magic, they will have better siege, better health, weapons and armor than wood elves. They will also be affected as night and wood elves by elven craftsman upgrades but they will have their own upgades tree and even some unit upgrades.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Imagine when we have day and night cycles.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

If we would have them than sun elves must have higher stats at day and night elves at night.

Also... You are forcing me to open more and more some of my plans.
Last edited by makazuwr32 on Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Sooner or later you have to reveal them, especially when they are interesting.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I would but i prefered to reveal 'em a bit later.
After i will try new humans and elves.

I am not exactly sure for now how will affect the game treetop archery adding carry capacity to ent warriors or those fencing masteries for melee and ranged units of elves. And because of i want to adjust them before i will post here.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Aug 20, 2018 8:29 pm If we would have them than sun elves must have higher stats at day and night elves at night.

Also... You are forcing me to open more and more some of my plans.
Your still hiding ideas after every thing you been suggesting lately?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Uhm... i have in plans more than 300 units ideas in total for humans, elves, undeads, dwarves, beastclans, demons, inventors.

But some of them could be copyrighted or just won't be useful. Like right now are basic swordmen of elves.

I want to make them intresting, useful while not too powerful and be sure that they won't be copyrighted.

Also many ideas are like "human melee unit №15, wields flail, is mounted, cost - 4 turns" and some stats of very first idea i had. These ideas i just can't post until i will find some name at least and adjust stats.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

A mounted mace man?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Not a mace man. A flail man. Found picture of him in one of images for those crusaders. One of was using flail on horse.
And yes crusaders used many types of weapons aside from swords (because making a sword was pretty costly in that time).
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

If we're going to have more types of elves, I'd rather start with a stealth oriented variety
The glorious sun rises again
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

We have some elven units what fit high elves (eg Tyrion)
Bladesinger?
Wooddhaper
Barracks melee-3cost planned ones can change to same category, they use magic armors and such.

May change some sentinels to not wooden Base too.

Hight elves can bring some technology and offensive building.
Night panters rider.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside

Return to “Elf Technologies”