Volcanic citadel upgrade

Savra

Volcanic citadel upgrade

Post by Savra »

Volcanic citadel: (upgrade from volcano in same manner to the palace.)
Cost:10-12
Hp:1400
Atk:20 burning (full damage on counter with burning effect because of lava moat)
Aoe:2
Act:3
Rng:7
Sight:9
Heal:12
Cap:5
Arm:5
P.arm:16
Res:
Mend bonus: 450%
Bonuses: same as before.
Abilities:
Smog: rng:4, causes units effected to have a 20% miss chance of it could just give ranged units in area -2 to range and that's fine too. Applies poison because of toxic gasses. Cool:3, aoe:1
Magmetic bullet: same as before.

That's all for this.
Last edited by Savra on Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LordOfAles

Re: Volcanic citadel upgrade

Post by LordOfAles »

For obvious Orcish reasons: No
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Savra

Post by Savra »

All races will get an upgrade for their mega buildings, orcs and humans are the only ones for now that have an upgrade that changes the model. The cost is high, and we are getting better siege units for all races anyway. The building itself doesn't have that large of range considering all races will be getting long range siege units that can out range it. Elves, Undead, Scaledfolk, and maybe dwarves (unless I can find a way to make an upgrade from for theirs) will have tech upgrades that effect theirs. This upgrade would be nothing compared to those tech upgrades. On top of that the building upgrade only effects 1 volcano at a time, not every volcano on the map, that's how the mega buildings upgrades will work with few that can effect other megas on map (those tech usually will effect other buildings of the race like humans massive walls tech).
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Maybe in far future, for now sorry but no.
At least not before we will revamp all buildings and finish scalefolks.

We alas can use this image as replacement for existing volcano. And smaller one maybe for neutral indestructible volcano object.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

Far future was the plan for the mega buildings upgrades. I plan to redo the orcs smaller volcano in a similar fashion to this one.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

This upgrade would be ezly taken by the orcs. In the latest updates, orcs have now the one of the fastest build rate, plus having a good starting units. If you add they're good defensive capability, If they want to, they could ezly rush this building at the start of the game.

I would certainly not agree with this unless they nerf the orcs worker or its mega building.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

In buildings update all construction rates will be reworked as well.
Workers of all races will have 3 levels (either via tiers or via techs aka ambidextria); regular ambidextria will be removed from humans+dwarves (they will have tiers).
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

I don't see how this would be easily spammible in future considering it has a high cost and the fact that other races would get techs that would take less turns to get and be can be made use of sooner. By the time orcs get this (which can't be sped up by workers) other races would have already had some siege units that can counter it easily. When the buildings get revamped (which would also result in a few campaigns needing to be revamped or removed) this would be averaged out with the other races. It's not like it has 10 range like humans ones do but since it's a suggestion for orcs I guess it's going to receive many more complaints from orc haters ( :lol: ). Other races are catching up pretty quickly with orcs, one of which being the dwarves who are making good progress, humans are another one that's doing better. Elves are getting their but they are close and undead will be getting their soon enough from some of the suggestions I've seen, and hints. Scaledfolk, when we get the list expanded further and revamp the race, will start off slow but I don't think the race will take long to catch up because they are kinda like orcs in that they are easy to make units for and don't have a melee restriction like elves do.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Actually i don't like idea of leveling megas.
I mean church->cathedral aos style.

1 problem is:
It is single target leveling tech which results that you can upgrade at once only 1 building.
2 problem:
Too hard to balance still.

If it will be research that affects all volcanoes than it could be better but at cost of lower base stats of volcanoes.
Also volcanoes will gain another defencive accpeted ability later so i am not sure still about this.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I like the image. It might simply go in as a replacement of current volcano

I also agree that upgraded megas could be a pain to balance
Age of Fantasy design leader
Savra

Post by Savra »

I would rather see it as a upgrade, but it you only way of getting it in as that is to make it only have a slight stat change and effect all orc volcanos then that's fine by me. I still plan on making the old volcano in a similar fashion to this too.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Alexander82 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:41 am I like the image. It might simply go in as a replacement of current volcano

I also agree that upgraded megas could be a pain to balance
Ah, screw it. If you want it for replacement of orc volcano then that's fine by me. I'll just finish the other images. That way they would be done and I don't waste too much time on just megas.

Return to “Orc Technologies”