Claws, Tails and Poison. Scaledfolk Race. — ARCHIVED

makazuwr32

Re: Claws, Tails and Poison. Scaledfolk Race.

Post by makazuwr32 »

So few (2 for weapons, 2 for ranged and 2 for armors) blacksmith upgrades and 1 unit upgrade?
Like humans have.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Something like that.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

If you want stats for the units there are lots of suggested stats in threads for lizardmen units. And if they aren't good we can just take them and change what we think that needs to be changed. :)
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Look around and see if something needs updating.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

manor.png
manor.png (4.76 KiB) Viewed 2924 times
What am I supposed to call this?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Mage.png
Mage.png (1.13 KiB) Viewed 2920 times
What should I call this?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm sure the nearest things that I made it will be out soon.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Just sent it.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Nice, too bad I don't have dev version tho. :( But if this keeps up we're gonna have them in the regular version really soon. You're awesome with the jsons General :)
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok so, now that scaledfolk beta is out in regular version of AoF, I've tried a game with them and I want to give some balancing suggestions for next patch (smiliar to what someone did in the dwarves topic). I still haven't looked at every single unit and spell of the race and how specific matchups vs. other races go, but I'll talk about what I've already tried here. I'll post more stuff as I use them more.

- Please, please, PLEASE make kobold cavalry be trainable in TCs. Scaledfolk lack ANY kind of mobility in early game and it takes a while until you can actually get a Fort to get the cavalry going, and that really sucks.
- Archer is a bit too weak in damage, I suggest getting its damage from 4 to 5 or 6.
- Slinger is too weak in damage, I suggest getting its damage from 4 to 5 otherwise it can't compete with archers.
- The lizardmen units (blademan and archer), and the kobold shaman should be trainable in TCs as well. Literally the only thing you can train in TCs are the kobolds and that's not too much of a variation. Since these units are basically improved basic units, let them be trained in TCs as well.
- Lizardmen need an anti-archery unit desperately. Archers will completely pelt any lizardmen ground force especially because they're slow and lack a hig p.armor.
- Laborer builds WAY. TOO. SLOW. Increase mend rate. Or maybe the building bonuses for the buildings aren't correct, look at that as well.
- Shaman's poison spell does not seem to work for some reason.
- Scaledfolk really need the dragons to be implemented soon for a boost in their late-game power. Scaledfolk lack any serious late-game units that are damaging and fast at the same time at the moment, and that role will be perfectly fitted by the dragons. Maybe also add some more powerful cavalry as well.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I'm working on the dragons, and also I'm guessing this isn't all.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Skelegonsans wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:54 am Ok so, now that scaledfolk beta is out in regular version of AoF, I've tried a game with them and I want to give some balancing suggestions for next patch (smiliar to what someone did in the dwarves topic). I still haven't looked at every single unit and spell of the race and how specific matchups vs. other races go, but I'll talk about what I've already tried here. I'll post more stuff as I use them more.

- Please, please, PLEASE make kobold cavalry be trainable in TCs. Scaledfolk lack ANY kind of mobility in early game and it takes a while until you can actually get a Fort to get the cavalry going, and that really sucks.
- Archer is a bit too weak in damage, I suggest getting its damage from 4 to 5 or 6.
- Slinger is too weak in damage, I suggest getting its damage from 4 to 5 otherwise it can't compete with archers.
- The lizardmen units (blademan and archer), and the kobold shaman should be trainable in TCs as well. Literally the only thing you can train in TCs are the kobolds and that's not too much of a variation. Since these units are basically improved basic units, let them be trained in TCs as well.
- Lizardmen need an anti-archery unit desperately. Archers will completely pelt any lizardmen ground force especially because they're slow and lack a hig p.armor.
- Laborer builds WAY. TOO. SLOW. Increase mend rate. Or maybe the building bonuses for the buildings aren't correct, look at that as well.
- Shaman's poison spell does not seem to work for some reason.
- Scaledfolk really need the dragons to be implemented soon for a boost in their late-game power. Scaledfolk lack any serious late-game units that are damaging and fast at the same time at the moment, and that role will be perfectly fitted by the dragons. Maybe also add some more powerful cavalry as well.
Also did you try the upgrades.
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Shaman's posion worked well for me, because of it's range it was the strongesy scaledfolk unit.
But there might be some changes, I'm not up to date.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

No, haven't tried upgrades yet but will do in a minute (I couldn't test more stuff because I had to go to sleep right after posting that message. :mrgreen: ) I'll be back in a minute with more feedback.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Midonik wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:21 am Shaman's posion worked well for me, because of it's range it was the strongesy scaledfolk unit.
But there might be some changes, I'm not up to date.
That's weird, it didn't even work for me. I threw it but for some reason not a single enemy was poisoned. :?: But if it does work then we actually maybe will need to nerf its range a bit because indeed it's too large. I'd suggest making the range 5 instead of 7.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok, I've tried everything in the race and Imma leave my thoughts and balancing suggestions here now. All in all, I really like how they are so far, of course there's lots of balancing problems which is expected of a beta release but still, they are an amazing and fun to play race, just as i wanted them to be. So far they have quite strong infantry and mages, regular archers and near to no cavalry aside from a mounted scout kobold (their biggest weakness is in the lack of cavalry, but it's supposed to be like that). I liked most, if not all of the units and their playstyle suits me quite well.

Balancing suggestions:

Unit changes:
- Kobold Archer - Change to attack: 4 > 5.
- Armored Kobold Archer - Change to attack: 5 > 6.
- Kobold Laborer - Change to Mend Rate: 5 > 6, Change to Cost: 2 > 3.
- Armored Kobold Laborer - Change to Mend Rate: 7 > 8. Change to Cost: 2 > 3.
- Kobold Priestess - Remove Rest spell, since it seems to literally do nothing. Change to attack increase in Dragon Might spell: 6 > 8. Change to Dragon Might spell: can no longer be used in buildings or archers. (Why was this even possible in the first place? Buff up an archer or poison tower for 14 attack shots? :lol: ) Change to attack: 15 > 8. (Why was it so high?? it's a priestess)
- Poison Tower - Change to range: 4 > 6. Change to hp: 16 > 35 (I know it's supposed to be frail, but 16 is too little for any building). Change to Armor / P. Armor: 0/1 > 2/3.
- Armored Lizard Blademan - Change to hp: 32 > 34, Change to Armor / P. Armor: 2/2 > 3/3.
- Lizardmen Archer - Change to attack: 7 > 8. Change to hp: 26 > 20. (26 is too tanky for an archer)
- Armored Lizardmen Archer - Change to hp: 28 > 22.
- Snakemen Dual Swordmen - Change to attack: 10 > 12. Change to hp: 30 > 36.
- Snakeman Spearman - Change to hp: 26 > 28. Change to attack: 8 > 9.
- Kobold Slinger - Change to power range: 1 > 0. (why does he even have an AoE attack? :?: ) Change to attack: 4 > 5. Change: add an actual miss chance, it says he has a miss chance in the description but he does not. Something similar to goblin archer miss chance should do.
- Armored Kobold Slinger - Change to power range: 1 > 0. Change: does not have miss chance. (upgraded slinger should be more accurate)
- Highborn Kobold Swordsman - Change to cost: 2 > 3.
- Highborn Kobold Spearman: Change to cost: 2 > 3.
- Highborn Kobold Archer - Change to cost: 2 > 3.
- Kobold Conjurer - Change to Fireball cast range: 7 > 5. (PLEASE, IT'S OP)
- Kobold Shaman - Change to Poison Breath cast range: 7 > 5. (less OP than fireball but still too powerful)

Needed units:
- Anti-archery units. Archers completely shit on Scaledfolk right now (except for a few units) due to their general lack of mobility and relatively low p. armor. Adding an unit with a similar role to a troll headhunter (lizardmen headhunter?? I might make a thread on that later.) will REALLY help them.
- Flying units. Since it was agreed that scaledfolk will be weak in cavalry, they should have strong aerial units to compensate - otherwise they will be a very static race, because their infantry, though strong, is not fast enough to be used well offensivelly. Dragons will be perfect for this role, so let's implement some of the ones that are already finished in the Scaledfolks units section.
- More unique units. Legitimately the best part of their army. The unique units they already have right now are already great, but there are more ideas in their units thread that could potentially be added and make them even more unique and set them apart from other races. I'd suggest implementing units like the Gorgon / Medusa, Snakeman Shaman, and Venom spitter, for example. (We can discuss their stats and abilities before trying to implement them if so is needed)

More needed changes:
- Make Lizardman Blademan, Lizardman Archer, Kobold Horseman and Kobold Shaman recruitable in TCs. The TCs literally only allow you to spam the basic Kobolds so you literally have to choose between either wasting your TCs' production with only kobolds, or not produce anything at your TCs at all, which really sucks (and it makes the pop limit reach its max really quick too, which is also a problem). We could add even more units than the ones I mentioned to TCs, too.
- Make kobolds not be able to swim, and make lizardmen be able to swim, as it was agreed in the race thread that kobolds would not swim but lizardmen would. (lizardmen is slower in water though, obviously)
- Adjust the buildings' extra mend rate multipliers. A poison tower can literally be built in one turn with a couple workers while a Temple can take up to 12 turns with many workers.

That's basically it, it's a lot of changes but I believe these will make Scaledfolk even better than what they already are (well, they're a bit weak right now to be honest, but these changes will help them a lot). :D If anyone disagrees with anything then say it so we can sort it out
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I can aggre with that.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I see you have some points, but I don't agree to all of them. And also the Rest spell is against the undead. And you should really ask for the Dev version.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

What is it that you don't agree with?

And yes I keep forgetting that I have to email Daniel for dev version. My memory is so good :mrgreen:
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I will work on it.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Also I have a question. What exactally does the "eat a corpse" hydra ability do? does it heal it? Also it can still be used even when there are no corpses around for a reason, probably a bug.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

It is not a bug. Yes ability heals it.
It is same as undeads' cannibal ability for skeletons - they can heal themself by consuming adjust corpse.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

So it gets healed even when no corpses are near it?-
:idea: :idea: :idea: :geek:
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

No. It can use this but it won't be healed.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Yes, it needs Corpses.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ohh, ok, makes sense. :lol: The animation made it look like it was healing anyway, lol.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

[attachment=0]unit_scaledfolk_dark_dragon.png[/attachment]
Attachments
unit_scaledfolk_dark_dragon.png
unit_scaledfolk_dark_dragon.png (2.5 KiB) Viewed 2650 times
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ohh, that's really cool! Which dragon is that?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Skelegonsans wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:46 pm Ohh, that's really cool! Which dragon is that?
What do you mean?
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

What dragon unit is that image for? Red dragon, lightning dragon, devourer dragon? (the dragon unit topics in the race's units) or is it a new unit?

Return to “Archived - Scalefolk Units, Buildings”