Claws, Tails and Poison. Scaledfolk Race. — ARCHIVED

LordOfAles

Re: Claws, Tails and Poison. Scaledfolk Race.

Post by LordOfAles »

That image is awesome. But looks humanly, and actually 3d lol.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I can modify a bit.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

True, it looks really cool indeed but it seems a bit more fit for humans.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

lizardman rider, first draft
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

It looks actually decent, a few more fix and it will be done.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

can u give some exact points i need to fix? like making nose a bit longer, and giving some green at the edge of orange chest to look less fat? (i think these r the only problems i found) and should i make tail a little longer upwards?
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Make him sit a bit more down.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Lizardman rider
cost 4
hp 34
Atk 11
range 1
armor 3
p armor 3
speed 4
sight 6
spell resist 0
Bonus 50% (infantry, archers, siege)
Skelegonsans wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:15 pm Description: The Lizardman Rider is a powerful cavalry unit. Although slow compared to other races' cavalries, it is quite resilient and can pack a punch.
Armored L. rider
cost 4
hp 38
Atk 15
range 1
armor 4
p armor 4
speed 4
sight 6
spell resist 0
Bonus 50% ( infantry, archers, siege )
(+ might get regen abilities for lizards like thick scales etc. )
Attachments
lizard rider.png
lizard rider.png (2.26 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
Last edited by godOfKings on Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Attach the stats.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Done, will u try making armor upgrade like how u did with warrior, or should I try it instead? I have time to make one BTW, just asking since u already made it once it might b easier and faster for u

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I will.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Looks solid! Also I love the image. :) Good job guys
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Thanks :D , BTW we also need to rework l. constructor and maceman right?

I made this image from scratch, with Alexander's one as reference, I can't believe it all fit together so well, especially the leg

LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

But shouldn't we reduce size of current lizardman warrior and archer? Having both this and them in game would make this look like a child.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Nono, I think lizardmen being big and beefy compared to kobolds is pretty accurate. We should rework the lizard maceman's sprite instead (also where are its stats?). Also we don't really need another builder, most races only have one so no reason to add in another.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Maybe just make lizardman on this one bigger then.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

That requires the Komodo dragon to be bigger, at least these ones.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Hmm. I don't wanna change the komodo rider either, it looks great... x,D
ok, so what about making the lizardmen have the same size as a regular unit like the kobold but make it a little bit bulkier but still small enough to fit just a square? (kinda like uruk?) something similar to what the komodo rider would be on foot, I guess
just an idea :mrgreen:
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok, so I've seen the patch notes for the new AoF version and I've seen all of the new units. Imma leave my first thought here, but I'll say something more in-depth once I try 'em all in game.

*inhales* BOI, those dragons look TOUGH. That grey dragon is probably the strongest unit in the game right now by a mileshot (no wonder it has cost 10!). I'm also curious to see what that "dark breath" spell for the dark dragon will do. And I see general was able to make the "white breath" spell for the white dragon, good job m8, I thought you wouldn't be able to code it. Let's just see if it works in game now. :lol:

The new units look lit too. But dude, why the heck does that new kobold lady has cost only 4 with THESE stats and a 500% dodge against arrows, melee attacks AND counterstrikes? :shock: :shock: :shock: I'm assuming it's just misreading the stats, but if it's not, I'm legit gonna spam the crap outta that kobold lady and win all the games because she can't be touched by anything that isn't magic and has the same cost of a human knight while being faster and stronger. :lol: :lol:

And hopefully the other units have been balanced as well. So far the update looks great (aside from the overpowered kobold lady LOL). I'll say what I think that should be balanced after I try all the new units now. Y'all better stay clear of any scaledfolks players right now because they look totally overpowered with these new units, lol.
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

The new dragon pack is really cool, indeed.
And a bit crazy...
Last edited by Lynx Shafir on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
Lynx Shafir

Post by Lynx Shafir »

I'm wondering whether to add Raptors to scalefolk,
Orcs get them from here Don't? No rider but some additional power.
Thy gave me a sword to pierce a lie,
Serrated edge for the deamon inside
A moment I'm torn between two tides,
But all I need, I bear inside
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

she can be hit by units that have bonus against her but not by anything else.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I was going to say something about that, I saw them riding raptures on the images.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Alright, time to leave my thoughts here.

I've tried all the Scaledfolk units and buildings against a hard-AI Humans in a very big 50x50 map (to give me time to build everything before we actually get to fight) and the results were really, really fun.

Honestly, I don't even care about orcs anymore, I just want to play scaledfolk now. :lol: With the ddition of the Dark, Grey and White dragons (the Green and Devourer ones aren't useless, but way less useful compared to those other 3. They're more situational I'd say), Scaledfolk are a late-game powerhouse. Dark and Grey dragons will absolutely obliterate both buildings and weaker units, while White dragons will ensure all key units are kept alive and give a massive AoE heal to your units. Add the might of these 3 dragons to the very powerful infantry the Scaledfolk have and the fact that most of their infantry can also swim, and you have a race that can dominate on nearly any map or matchup, IF given enough time to grow and build itself undisturbed. Their late game is so ridiculous that only Orcs would be able to compare in terms of late-game power and even so they won't be able to beat Scaledfolk so easily even with all upgrades. I absolutely love Scaledfolk right now and I think they're both strong and fun. Definitely my favorite race at the moment.

With all of that being said, Scaledfolk also have their problems. Their archers suck if compared to other races' archers, even orcs' archers (orc archers can get pretty good when upgraded but Scaledfolk archers can't). The only Scaledfolk archers that are at least decent are the Lizardman archer and the Highborn Kobold archer and even so they still need to be upgraded and buffed by spells and auras to be truly efective. Also, the fact that you can ONLY get KOBOLDS in all of your TCs absolutely SUCKS. In bigger maps, once you hit late game you'll actually have to stop producing anything in your TCs because if you keep spamming kobolds you'll hit the population cap pretty quickly and won't be able to make stronger units (lizardmen, spellcasters, dragons) because your army is flooded with 298478934 kobolds and that really REALLY sucks.

So what do I propose that we change? Not much really, I'd say that Scaledfolk are nicely balanced right now. Of course I can't say that for sure because I have only played a couple games with them, but so far they look decently balanced, except for ONE thing.

- Please, please, PLEASE add more units to be recruited at TCs. Please. Only being able to recruit kobolds absolutely sucks. Make both Lizardmen (the blademan and the archer), the Kobold Shaman and the Kobold Rider to be recruitable in TCs and that's all that's needed. Maybe add a few more too but these 4 units are a must to be recruited in TCs.

And of course there are several bugs to be fixed, here are the ones that I found.

- The White Dragon appears to lose HP randomly and I have no idea why. I had one WAY far from the enemy and it randomly lost 10 HP and I was like, "wut?" :lol: :lol:
- Apparently the White Dragon's White Breath can affect buildings. That's not okay. Because you can actually make a building be finished FASTER if you make a White Dragon use the White Breath on a building. That's obviously overpowered so remove that. :lol:
- The Dragon Might spell can still be cast on buildings, even ones that have 0 ATTACK. :lol: :lol:
- The Snake Blademan's name is actually its description. :mrgreen: It's name is so big that it leaves the box and crosses the screen, LMAO.

And yeah, that's pretty much it for now. I love how this race is turning out. We just need to adjust some things like the stuff I mentioned above and there will be a very fun and almost perfectly balanced race. :D

EDIT: I also remembered that Scaledfolk still don't have any anti-archery unit. They need one of these as well.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Thank you for your input and enjoying them. I will try the fix the issues and hopefully others can add that anti archer unit. But I may don't know what's causing most of those problems.
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

For scaledfolk i have a list of their way too op abilities that are needed to be fixed:
1. That goddamn highborn aura. Make it nonstackable and affecting only non-highborn. For all variants of it. I don't like to see some kobold conjurer with +10/+10 to both armors whom i just cant even kill (i am not talking about wardens and ladies...... this is another story).
2. Kobold lady. REMOVE her dodges. At all. Completely. Elves have NOTHING to kill her fast exept if you suddenly will have somevere near her 4 elf wizards. For one lady.
Same with mounted version exept she can be killed as well with sentinels and warriors. Undeads have even worse time of dealing with mounted version because she can be killed only with either death knight't fireballs or phantom pikemen.
3. Kobold warden (both) - lower his armor and p.armor to 2/3 and 3/4, remove bonuses to archers (at ALL, he is nightmare for elves right now) and to buildings, leave only bonuses to mounted units.
4. Gray dragon (dragon lord?) – only 2 issues: disarmor passive on hit - make it so that it substracts less armor ( i think -4/-4 will be fine) normal disarmor must still substract -10/-10. And his aura that 1. Stacks with dark dragon's one. 2. Lowers speed to the crisp and affects spell resist. As well as unit's attack, armor... why you didn't give both of them aura that just instakills units at the beginning of their turn who was affected by it? It will be on same level of opness and unbalancing.
5. Dark dragon. I completely hate his aura as well as gray dragon's.
For these auras i suggest next: gray dragon's one lowers damage and armor (-3 to attack and armor of affected units) don't affect spell resist and speed, has range 3, don't affect elite units and units with 100% spell resist in base.
Dark dragon's affects speed (-1 only) and spell resist (-20%). Range 3 tiles (not 5-6 as it is now!!!)
6. Kobold spearmen have speed 3 on water - remove it.
Armored one has same issue.
Komodo dragon riders - please remove their ability to move through water. Komodo themself can move, i agree here. But with riders must not be able to. I don't like to see such fast cavalry with ability to swim because it will break even more maps (as if they are not broken as soon as you get kobold ladies and those BFD (big f***** dragons)...)
White dragon - increase his cost by 1.
Gold dragon - lower mend rate to 12.

That is main ones i completely dislike for now and that are definately needed to be fixed and balanced. After this is implemented i will look on them more.

Also @Skelegonsans i think after implementation of my suggestion of revamping unit types in whole aof and dwarven's techs they will be on pair of opness with orcs and scaledfolk.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I see completely opposite of ideas. I will try to fix everything.
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

do they have any anti dragon unit? and i believe komodo dragons cannot swim, iguanas can though, so may b swimming cavalry for scaledfolk isnt needed, but its just my opinion

General Brave

Post by General Brave »

I searched up, they can swim and run as fast as a horse I think and ate them.
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Here's a question, how do you like their appearance of some of them?

Return to “Archived - Scalefolk Units, Buildings”