Alpha

Re: Basilisk

Post by Alpha »

I agree.
Epic Gamer Moment!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok, but i think that regeneration shouldnt count as a cure. Imo regeneration should stop while unit is petrified.
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i agree , lizards are best concept ability using Regeneration.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

i agree , lizards are best concept ability using Regeneration.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think it should since petrification isn't generally instantaneous on all body, and a regeneration might stop it during the effect resulting in a simple slowdown. Also not every race heal in the same amount, that would be something to avoid an army of basilisk only to overwhelm an entire army. This unit must be useful, not invincible. Skaledfolk are starting to be too strong on paper already.
Age of Fantasy design leader
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

possible weakness:
human « orc
orc « elf
elf » human
orc » undead
undead » human
elf » undead
orc » scaledfolk
scaledfolk » human
human » dwarf
dwarf » undead
undead » orc
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

every race should have strenghts and weaknesses against any other race. For example you don't generally make anti-archer against orcs but you rely on control spells or ranged units. Also if i play against elves i will choose anti-archers and unit with a high pierce armor, but any race should be able to have its way against any other by using the right strategy
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

:arrow: :idea:
Last edited by MightyGuy on Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

it's true :lol: xD
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

Indeed
Epic Gamer Moment!
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Imo, scaledfolk are pretty balanced. Sure, in general, they are slightly better than other races, but like u said, with the right strategy, any race can beat scaledfolk easily.

About regeneration, u got a point. So regenerating units (like the hydra) are immune to petrification?
That one guy that disappears for 6 months then comes back and keeps doing it over and over. :lol:
Have helped a lot with Scaledfolks early development a while ago, also author of Dragons Origin campaign.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Not directly immune, but they autoheal the following turn
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Btw, remember that we should always pursue to balancing the races.

For example we need to improve undeads in fighting races like elves or we need to give elves a counter against orcs or an anti-ranged for orcs or... no, humans are strong xD
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

For now, the only races that have a slight advantage over others, imo, are humans and scaledfolk.

However, the way to solve that should be by improving orcs/elves/undead, and not by reducing humans/scaledfolk
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

it's true we are discussing that about need more melee units for elves and more ranged units for orcs.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Scalefolk aren't implemented so we can still adjust them. Humans are good at everything tough, but their greater strenght are siege weapons
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

I think it would be best if we made the other races stronger rather than weakening scaledfolk. The main strenght of scaledfolk/humans is variability, so we should do the same. For instance, we should add more ranged units to orcs. Of course, not as strong as elf/human archers, but just to add to the versatility of the race. Undead, too, need more archers. Elves need more useful melee units, but they should focus on speed rather than atk and armor.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I don't agree. Variability is for humans. Scalefolk main features are waterwalking and poison effect.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

yes, scaledfolk units they don't need a lot of wooden ships or great ships because they can swim on water.
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Well, if you didnt want for variability in scaledfolk, i guess ur too late... :lol:
Take a look at how many units we have, most are nearly ready or already completed. We have good archers, towers, basic and upgrade units and structures, and great spellcasters. Its the most versatile race so far, except for humans and maybe dwarves.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

maybe you're right ;)
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Cavalery is bad,structures arent best too.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Versatility has to come at a price. Humans have good units but their aren't the best statwise.

Not all the scalefolk units will be put in since we will have to choose those who shall be the defaut and a certain number of gem units, so we will have to let some of them out.

Every race has moe or less a unit for every role but none of them has all units in all departments well working like humans. calefolk will be the same since if it wasn't like that human would be totally outclassed.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

yes, i agree with alexander
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Up until now, i guess all the units are good to be implemented. And btw, i said that scaledfolk are versatile, but i didnt say they are more versatilr then humans. I know this is not the focus of sacledfolk race, but if you take a look at the units so far, you will see certain variation.
Anyways, i dont think we should leave any unit idea out so far. Imo all of them are great and would do great in-game. If, after implementation, scaledfolk look op, we think about removing units. K?
Alpha

Post by Alpha »

I agree
Epic Gamer Moment!
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

We'll try to put in a certain amount and the others will be put in via vote, as the other races.
MightyGuy

Post by MightyGuy »

good! nice idea! :D
Skelegonsans

Post by Skelegonsans »

Ok, how about that:
Kobolds, Lizardmen, Snakemen and all dragons except God Dragon will be implemented right away, the rest must be voted.
Agree?

Return to “Scaledfolk”