Clan Masulun Khazad or Fallen Dwarves

NikolaTheEinstein

Clan Masulun Khazad or Fallen Dwarves

Post by NikolaTheEinstein »

Clan Masulun Khazad was driven away from their ancestral homeland. Unable to find a home to call their own, the clan was forced to adopt a nomadic lifestyle, yet the shame and anger of abadnoning their home was never forgotten. Their greatest goal is to one day retake what is rightfully theirs

Pros:
Starting units have higher sight and movement speed than regular dwarves at the cost of some armor
Tier 1 somewhat better than basic units, but will fall behind with upgrades
Amazing crossbow units
strong late game units
Custom fortress
Can build impromptu defences

Cons:
Units cost more
Best units require mega structure and research
No access to gunpowder or any other advanced dwarven technology
No magic of any kind until megafortress is built and researched
Some units will not be affected by blacksmith or rune upgrades like regular dwarf units
Low magic resistance until Mega structure is complete
Very limited cavalry options
Requires Gabilgathol to access best features

Overview: My goal was to make a very late game oriented style of play. The best way I found of doing that was by creating the entire Gabilgathol idea. Gabilgathol is the dwarven homeland that was lost. Only by building it, or "retaking" in a sense, will you get access to the best this clan has to offer

Their regular units are decent too, but the idea is for them to become quickly outclassed. I've tried to take upgrades into account when deciding stats, but as there still aren't any in the game for dwarves, I may need help adjusting them so they fit better

That said, let's get into the units

As a little forward, I use a lot of Khuzdul in this as I like the idea of this clan holding onto its past by using their ancient language, so watch out for that. I'll include what each name roughly means with each unit. Also, I'm not the best at Khuzdul so the names may be odd to someone who can actually speak it well. I'd appreciate any and all help in that remark

A little key to help:

Khazad means dwarf, and if the unit has this in their name, it essentially means that they're the standard soldier.

Gabil means great. If it has this in their name, it means they're elite status.

Anything without Gabil or Khazad can be considered either militia or Uber depending on their tiering

Infantry:

TIER 1

Peacekeepers: A sort of Police force that was created to help keep the nomadic dwarves safe
Cost:2-Trainable in Clan Hall and encampment
HP:15
Attack Power:8
Range:1
Armor:1
Pierce Armor:0
Speed:3
Sight:6
Action/Turn:1/1
Spell Resistance:10%

Zirak Khazad(means Pike Dwarf): As they have no hold to call their own, these dwarves relied mainly on pikes for a solid defense during their nomadic days
Cost:3-Trainable in Clan Hall
HP:25
Attack Power:12
Range:2
Armor:3
Pierce Armor:2
Spell Resistance:20%

Baruk Khazad(means axe dwarf): When the fight gets too close for pikes, the Baruk Khazad step forward. Armed with two handed axes, they sacrifice some armor for more mobility
Cost:3-Trainable in Clan Hall
Attack Power:18
Range: 1
Pierce Armor:1
Speed:4
Spell resistance:30%

Inudoyab Masulun(means Sons of the Fallen): The descendants of those Lord's killed defending Gabilgathol. Armed with their people's remaining mithril arms and armor, they seek to emulate their forefathers. Best unit you can field until Gabilgathol is made. Also, I don't know if it's possible, but after Gabilgathol is made, It would be cool if they were renamed to Gabil'uzbad which means Great Lord
Cost:5-Trainable in Clan Hall and Gabilgathol
HP:65
Attack Power:15
Armor:5
Pierce Armor: 4
Spell Resistance:50%

Gunud Khazad(means tunneling dwarf): Support unit that can make temporary defences. I still don't know where to go with this unit honestly. Since the clan is still nomadic at this point, I envisioned them as being able to make defensed quickly like walls or towers or something along those lines
Cost:2-Trainable in clan Hall and encampment
HP:10
Attack Power:6
Mend Rate:10

IMPORTANT: ALL INFANTRY UNITS THAT FOLLOW ARE ONLY AVAILABLE AFTER GABILGATHOL HAS BEEN BUILT AND THE CORRECT TECHS HAVE BEEN RESEARCHED

TIER 2

Gabil Baruk(means great axe): Now that they've retaken their homeland, the clan has access to better arms and armor. I don't know whether to make this a separate unit from Baruk Khazad or make it more of a direct upgrade
Cost:4-Trainable in Gabilgund
HP:30
Attack Power:20
Sight:5
Spell Resistance: 50%

Gabil Murkhan(means great shield brother): Dwarves armed with sword and shield. More tanky than the axe ones, but less damage
Cost:4-Trainable in Gabilgund
HP:35
Pierce Armor:3
Spell Resistance:60%

Gabil Tarag(means great beard): the only magic unit so far. Is essentially a beefy rune priest who gives buffs and stuff
Cost:5-Trainable in Gabilgund and Gabilgathol
HP:40
Armor::4
Pierce Armor:4

TIER 3
Karakau Uslukh(means Breaker of Dragons): elite unit who's especially good against dragons and drakes. Has a high resistance to fire
Cost:8-Trainable in Gabilgathol
HP:60
Attack Power:25
Armor:7
Pierce Armor:5
Spell Resistance:70%

Markhel(means shield of shields): equipped with the best armor of Gabilgathol, this unit inspires others with it's presence and unbreakable will
Cost:10-Trainable in Gabilgathol
HP:100
Armor:12
Pierce Armor:8
Sight:4
Spell Resistance:80%

Zirakthakal Azaghal(means silver-steel warriors): silver-steel, or mithril, adorns these warriors from head to toe. Armed with two axes, little can weather their assault
Cost:6-Trainable in Gabilgathol and Gabilgund
HP:50
Armor:6
Pierce Armor:6
Action/Turn:2/2
Spell Resistance:60%

Urzudal(means sun of suns): Uber rune priest, some runes have to be researched before he can use them
Cost:9-trained at Gabilgathol
HP:65
Action/Turn:2/2
Spell Resistance:80%

Range:

TIER 1

Pathfinder: essentially a dwarven scout. Mobile for a dwarf, and has good sight. I don't know her stealth works in this game, but I imagine them as being stealthy
Cost:2-Trainable in Encampment and Clan Hall
HP:15
Attack Power:6
Range:5
Pierce Armor:0
Sight:7/8 with upgrade
Spell Resistance:20%

Narag Khazad(means black dwarf): named for their black armor, these are elite crossbow dwarves. Without gunpowder, these dwarves have perfected the art of the crossbow
Cost:4-Trainable in Engineering Lodge
Hp:25
Attack Power:9/10 with upgrade
Range:6/7 with upgrade
Armor:2
Sight:7
Spell Resistance:30%

IMPORTANT: ANYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT REQUIRES GABILGATHOL

TIER 2

Gabil naragab(means great blacks): Now that they have access to the forges and foundries of Gabilgathol, these dwarves can make even better crossbows. This is another unit I don't know if I should keep separate or make it a direct upgrade
Cost:5-Trainable in Gabilgund
HP:30
Attack Power:12/13 with upgrade
Range:7/8 with upgrade
Pierce Armor:4
Spell resistance:40%

Cavalry:

TIER 1

Uhurud Gathol(stands for Battle fortress): it's essentially a chariot with a ballista on the back. As this is while they were still nomadic, they needed a fast way to deliver heavy firepower. I picture them as shooting about 3 times per turn
Cost:6-Trainable in Engineering Lodge
HP:40
Attack Power:10
Range:4
Action/Turn:3/3

IMPORTANT: ANYTHING BEYOND THIS POINT REQUIRES GABILGATHOL

TIER 2

Gabil’Inbar(means great horn): light goat cavalry who can walk across mountains. In lore they're meant to scout the area around Gabilgathol so they can alert the fortress if they see any enemies
Cost:3-Trainable in Gabilgathol
Speed:5/6 with upgrade
Mountain speed:2/3 with upgrade
Spell resistance:40%

Techs:
Narag Bolts: These Black bolts can pierce even the finest metal as if it were cloth. Adds +1 damage-Researched in Engineering Lodge

Narag Arbalest: A crossbow so powerful even dwarves need a special mechanism to reload it. Adds +1 range-Resewrched in Engineering Lodge

Spyglass: This marvel of Dwarven craftsmanship allows one to look much farther than normally possible. Adds +1 sight to pathfinders-Researched in Engineering Lodge

Surefooted: The great goats of the dwarves are known for their ability to traverse even the most treacherous of terrains. Adds +1 to speed and +1 speed to mountain walk

Gabilgathol: Researching this tech will allow the building of elite units-Researched in Clan Hall or Gabilgathol

Structures:
Encampment-tier 1
Can make militia units, cheap to produce

Clan Hall-tier 1
Main production building until Gabilgathol is built

Engineering Lodge-Tier 1
Main upgrade building, also produces crossbow units

Gabilgathol-tier 2(big mega 2x3)
Mega building, Uber units can only be trained here

Gabilgund-tier 2
Main production building for high tier Gabil units

Gabilfulk-tier 3
Contains all high level upgrades, only available after Gabilgathol is researched

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Let's discuss!
Last edited by NikolaTheEinstein on Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:44 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Tankhead

Re: Clan Masulun Khazad or Fallen Dwarves

Post by Tankhead »

Wow, this would make the 3rd dwarf sub race.
And the one Im making makes 4
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
NikolaTheEinstein

With the gnomes being more technology focused and the frost and fire clan being about magic, I like the idea of a third sub race that doesn't have access to those two things and has to make due on its own
Tankhead

Post by Tankhead »

Alright I put mine up too ( of what I completed )
Also I like your idea concept but im hoping mine doesn't cross over with yours
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

The one thing:
Each sub must be researched in specific unique building and must have 3 tiers of researches.
Please update your suggestion with tiers.

Also no unique/legendary units/buildings in the main body of sub.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Now about units:
1. Inudoyab Masulun - lower range for melee unit to 1.
2. Gunud Khazad - either lower health to 10, mend rate to 10, actions/turn to 1 or increase cost to 3 and lower mend rate to 12. Too great stats for 2 turn cost worker.
3. Gabil naragab - has for eanged unit too high armor and p.armor. Lower normal armor to 2 and p.armor to 4/5.
4. Uhurud Gathol - i don't like this unit. To make it balanced lower speed to 4, lower damage to 10, lower range to 4, lower armor to 3, lower p.armor to 5 for that cost OR increase cost to 9 turns.
5. Narag Bolts - why this tech adds p.armor? I think it must add damage to ranged units, doesn't it?
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
NikolaTheEinstein

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:24 am Now about units:
1. Inudoyab Masulun - lower range for melee unit to 1.
2. Gunud Khazad - either lower health to 10, mend rate to 10, actions/turn to 1 or increase cost to 3 and lower mend rate to 12. Too great stats for 2 turn cost worker.
3. Gabil naragab - has for eanged unit too high armor and p.armor. Lower normal armor to 2 and p.armor to 4/5.
4. Uhurud Gathol - i don't like this unit. To make it balanced lower speed to 4, lower damage to 10, lower range to 4, lower armor to 3, lower p.armor to 5 for that cost OR increase cost to 9 turns.
5. Narag Bolts - why this tech adds p.armor? I think it must add damage to ranged units, doesn't it?
1. I have a question. Does a spear unit have any inherent disadvantage against a regular unit? Or is it just that the bonuses are different? I ask because I originally pictured the inudouyab Masulun with Spears, hence the reach of 2, but I'm still not sure how certain mechanics work

2. That's fair. I'll lower the health. It makes sense to since they're not supposed to be tanky

3. If I change the stars for the naragab, then I'd have to change the stats for the naragab Khazad. The Gabil naragab are supposed to be better versions of the narag Khazad. Would the 4/5 be okay for the narag Khazad and then the Gabil get 5/6?

4. I struggles thinking of cavalry options. A Battle wagon is all I could think of that wasn't already in the game. The recommended stat changes seem fair though. I'll get on that.

5. Think of it like a bodkin arrow. A bodkin would deliver the same amount of damage as a regular arrow, but had the benefit of being better at piercing armor. At least that was my thought process

Also, could you elaborate on the tiers and buildings part? I'm not sure what you mean by no unique buildings/units/heroes in main sub
godOfKings

Post by godOfKings »

Do u kno wat each stat represent? Armor is how much physical (sword, spear etc.) damage is reduced, pierce armor is how much arrow damage is reduced, whether arrow for ranged, or physical for melee, damage is only atk power, nothing else, only some special units or abilities can ignore armor but no atk can just 'pierce armor', it deals exact damage which is reduced by either armor or pierce armor depending on whether the attack was physical or arrow. So if something increases damage its just atk power increase, not p.armor increase....
There is no place for false kings here, only those who proves themselves to b the true kings of legend, or serves under me

For I watch over this world looking for those worthy to become kings, and on the way get rid of the fakes and rule over the fools
NikolaTheEinstein

Really? I thought Pierce armor was how much armor was ignored when attacking. Thanks for letting me know. Now to go back and rethink stats and techs

I have a question then. How would a unit be effective against armor then? Is it just a higher attack?
General Brave

Post by General Brave »

Kind of but we did implement a new type of something that bypasses armor, at least what it said to do.
PowerBase. So if it has one it bypass one. I think do.
Wise, Might, Loyalty. Forever stands Warfell.
NikolaTheEinstein

Interesting, are there any units that already have power base implemented?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

all units have powerbase 1. also it is not a bypass armor - it is guaranteed minimal damage.

Elves have techs that will increase this minimal damage for archers and for melee for 3 researches up to 4 damage.
And for now only elves are agreed to have that (because they must be best at range and this also takes into account of killing high-armored units via range).

1. Pike units deal normal damage to all other units and their damage is reduced by armor normally. as well as for all other units.
Also IF that unit is anticav unit than it must have lower health or higher cost (8 turns for suggested stats).

3. Narag khazad must have 2/2 armor for that damage and health. Gabil naragab must have 3/4 armor (this is shortening of "armor - 3; pierce armor - 4"). Also lower base damage of both narag khazab to 9 and Gabil naragab to 12.

and about tiers:

Each sub will have 3 levels of researches.
After first level you will gain access to train tier 1 units and build tier 1 buildings.
After second level you will gain access to train tier 2 units and build tier 2 buildings.
After third level you will gain access to train tier 3 units and build tier 3 buildings.

Better to show off for example in Frostfire Clan

As for those units which require "GABILGATHOL" thing make that as research in tier 1 building but can be researched on tier 2.
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
NikolaTheEinstein

makazuwr32 wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:46 pm all units have powerbase 1. also it is not a bypass armor - it is guaranteed minimal damage.

Elves have techs that will increase this minimal damage for archers and for melee for 3 researches up to 4 damage.
And for now only elves are agreed to have that (because they must be best at range and this also takes into account of killing high-armored units via range).

1. Pike units deal normal damage to all other units and their damage is reduced by armor normally. as well as for all other units.
Also IF that unit is anticav unit than it must have lower health or higher cost (8 turns for suggested stats).

3. Narag khazad must have 2/2 armor for that damage and health. Gabil naragab must have 3/4 armor (this is shortening of "armor - 3; pierce armor - 4"). Also lower base damage of both narag khazab to 9 and Gabil naragab to 12.

and about tiers:

Each sub will have 3 levels of researches.
After first level you will gain access to train tier 1 units and build tier 1 buildings.
After second level you will gain access to train tier 2 units and build tier 2 buildings.
After third level you will gain access to train tier 3 units and build tier 3 buildings.

Better to show off for example in Frostfire Clan

As for those units which require "GABILGATHOL" thing make that as research in tier 1 building but can be researched on tier 2.
1: They're not meant to be anti cav. The spear is more for aesthetic than use against cavalry. I'll probably lower the reach down to 1

3: Changes have been made

Thanks for the tier explanation. I've got a better idea of what to do now
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

Moved to subraces
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader

Return to “Subraces - Dwarves”