Organ gun

Post Reply
User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:24 am

Organ gun
Build at siege workshop
Cost:6
Hp:25
Atk:4
Rng:5
Sight:6
Act:5
Spd:1 can't move in forests.
Arm:1
P.arm:4
Res:30%
Bonus to infantry, cavalry.
Does physical damage.
Has same miss chance as the rifleman.

Fast shooting cannons that are affected by dwarven gunpowder upgrades. They are mainly good for taking out infantry.
Attachments
th (8).jpeg
th (8).jpeg (18.36 KiB) Viewed 898 times
Last edited by Savra on Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:06 pm, edited 6 times in total.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:47 am

This.
Attachments
organ gun.png
organ gun.png (602 Bytes) Viewed 896 times

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:11 am

Check out the organ gun from Aos
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:23 am

Intriguing... I guess I need more cannons? :lol:

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:33 am

Savra wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:23 am
Intriguing... I guess I need more cannons? :lol:
Well since the nature of this siege weapon has a different way of acting since it is more like to a machine gun so maybe you could get inspired on how the attack mechanics would work for it
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:40 am

Added bonus to cavalry as well. I see your point.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:52 am

Updated image.
Attachments
organ gun.png
organ gun.png (715 Bytes) Viewed 881 times

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Organ gun

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:36 am

I don't like this one. Especially if count bonuses and the fact that it will deal 60 damage/turn after all gunpowder upgrades. To cavalry and some others even more. So no.

We need normal cannon with 2 modes: cannonball (accurate, deals huge damage (30-40) to single unit, bonus to buildings) and grapeshot (inaccurate (33% to miss), high aoe (power range 2-3), low damage (4-8), bonus to infantries and cavalry (up to 100%)). Both variants are affected by gunpowder upgrades.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:05 pm

This one was supposed to be inaccurate. Plus, it has low speed and only can be built in on area, unlike the catapult. I'll lower attack.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Organ gun

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:18 pm

Still no. Dwarves are not that crazy in gunpowder.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
Tankhead
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 6:46 am
Location: United states, Texas

Re: Organ gun

Post by Tankhead » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:48 pm

But they are great at inventing and building new things.
If they can make A cannon why can't they make cluster of cannons?
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Organ gun

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 pm

Still no.
They are not that good yet if they can't have more advanced units steampunk inspired.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

User avatar
Gral.Sturnn
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:29 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Gral.Sturnn » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:40 pm

makazuwr32 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:22 pm
Still no.
They are not that good yet if they can't have more advanced units steampunk inspired.
ribaults/volley guns/organ guns, were made in the 15th century and they were not super duper complicated to make the reason they seem to be so few was that they were not that effective in reality. If dwarves are able to build mechs and tanks making this weapon doesn't seem super far away
~Gral.Sturnn

User avatar
Tankhead
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 6:46 am
Location: United states, Texas

Re: Organ gun

Post by Tankhead » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:51 pm

Actually tanks and mechas for dwarves are on hold right now
Alex will tell me how advance they are some point this week
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:59 pm

Mine was based off of usual dwarven standards and what I've seen in other games dwarves use cannons like these. Its, simple, it's practical, it's ingenious, and to make up for being so powerful it has 1 speed and can't pass through forests. It also suffers from same accuracy loss as rifleman so it equals out and still is useful when dealing with packs of enemies. Rather then cramming all dwarven cannon ideas into one unit we should expand their bounds because why would a player traid power and range for a weak attack with a bigger radius? This unit is cheaper then the big bertha and has better uses considering it can shoot more enemies.

User avatar
Tankhead
Posts: 1793
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 6:46 am
Location: United states, Texas

Re: Organ gun

Post by Tankhead » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:37 am

Yea I look it up to get a little more info on this weapon or siege whatever you call it
It seems fitting for dwarves to have this
"The smallest pebble was once the biggest stone, the biggest stone was once bigger"

User avatar
Fad3
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:21 am

Re: Organ gun

Post by Fad3 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Hihihi
Attachments
AoF_Dwarven Organ Gun.png
AoF_Dwarven Organ Gun.png (1.39 KiB) Viewed 786 times

User avatar
Savra
Posts: 3803
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:21 pm

Re: Organ gun

Post by Savra » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:00 pm

Me like, now that looks good.

@Stratego (dev) archive plz.
Last edited by Savra on Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
makazuwr32
Posts: 4336
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:29 am
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: Organ gun

Post by makazuwr32 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:07 pm

1. I don't like still this thing for dwarves and even for gnomes.
2. Image itself lavks of dwarves who manipulates with this weapon.
makazuwr32 wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 am
Please when you ask to change something argument why do you want that change. ...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on. Some real info why it must be done.
© by Makazuwr32™.

Post Reply

Return to “Dwarf”