Orcs vs elves - ANSWERED

Pepe

Orcs vs elves - ANSWERED

Post by Pepe »

I played a couple of games in a 20x20 map: Orcs vs Elves and Elves vs orcs. The result was that Elves won in every case. They expand themselves quite rapidly and it's almost impossible to beat them in a 20x20 map.
Alexander82

Re: Orcs vs elves

Post by Alexander82 »

i found out the same and i think that the real problem is the lack for orcs of a fast and cheap unit.
Orcs need something like a goblin explorer.

A goblin knight on a war dog with a costo of 2 and that moves of 5/6 squares per turn
low health and low attack, of course
Age of Fantasy design leader
Pepe

Post by Pepe »

lol, we were the 2 playing against each other...

I wonder if in a 30x30 or 40x40 map the elves would still win...
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think they would have a higher advantage because they would rapidly outnumber orcs tcs reaching 3/4 of the map before the orcs
Dgkfadomo777

Post by Dgkfadomo777 »

The best thing about orcs is their dragon. If you use three TCS and one troll shaman it only takes two turns two make. However they are at extreme disadvantage in a small map and against several units.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

It does seem that the orcs can not get past a wall of wolves and ents. I have played myself a couple times to test out how orcs can beat elves, and every time no matter how I do it, even upgraded worg riders cannot get past the line, and if one or two gets anywhere close a slow spell can shut it down while a single arrow from a dryad can take it down with poison damage. Dragons can be helpful, but they are uneconomical when you count cost for cost of what they can kill. The elves have too much ranged ability, and once their turn comes around they can either shoot it to death in a single turn or leave a swarm of summons to hold the line while the real troops shoot, get out the way, and shoot again to finish the dragon off. I will post this later in the right section, but lets say to give the orc shaman a "banish" spell, which will deal fatal damage to any summon type unit, be it skeleton, wolf, or ent. Orc dragons may require multiple uses, but still take massive damage from it.
The glorious sun rises again
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I believe this is outdated

Return to “Archived - Subraces”