Raptor Rider is bugged - ANSWERED

DreJaDe

Raptor Rider is bugged - ANSWERED

Post by DreJaDe »

Raptor Rider can kill other scout in just one hit making it the strongest scout unit. Exclude elf and orc since their scout is also main cavalry

This became a problem with scouting since they could just assassinate other scout before taking all TC available.

Please fix it making it atleast leave some hp to other scout.
Savra

Re: Raptor Rider is bugged

Post by Savra »

They are meant to be a powerful anti cavalry unit that is also for scouting, if you haven't noticed not all scouts are supposed to have just simple swords like humans.

Humans scout cavalry: big speed, double actions

Orcs scout cavalry: big speed, bonus vs other cavalry

Elves scout cavalry: speed, range, poison effect

Undead scout cavalry: can see invisible, can cross water

Dwarf scout cavalry would act similar to humans

Scaledfolk scout cavalry will act similar to orcs but with maybe water walk as a bonus.
DreJaDe

Post by DreJaDe »

I know their capabilities except that elf with poison effect? Is that the violet unit with bow? And Dwarf since not implemented still.

Im just suggesting that it would be good if scouts could survive a hit against a raptor rider. I know it's supposed to be a good anti cavalry unit since they only have 2 ordinary cavalry units, just that they're way to good, even better than human's anti-cav cavalry. For a 3 turn unit, I thought they're way too powerful.
Savra

Post by Savra »

Well, the only way I see orcs getting around this is if we simply switched their scout cavalry...
Maybe the goblin squig rider could be it in other words. (I'm still not sure how that jump ability works.)
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

At the moment bonus of mounted anti cavalry against other cavalry (included scouts) are standardized.

Orc raptor riders can be handled by simply not sending cavalry against them (e.g. Support your scouts with archers or using high p.armor units works).
Age of Fantasy design leader
DreJaDe

Re: Raptor Rider is bugged - ANSWERED

Post by DreJaDe »

Could I ask how practical is that?

How does this supporting works with a scout?

Since this is an early scouting, would there be enough time to support the scout?
makazuwr32

Post by makazuwr32 »

I was always thinking that raptor rider among scouts is the best.
And here i agree with others and would prefer to replace raptor rider with some other scout unit.

The bonus against cavalry perhaps is way too strong in early game for scouting part.
makazuwr32 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:54 amWhen you ask to change something argument why...
Put some numbers, compare to what other races have and so on...
© by Makazuwr32™.
AoF Dev Co-Leader
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Yeah. Ironically enough orc "scouts" are specialized to counter other cavalry which are all mounted, and it's also used in frontline fight, unlike other scouts.
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

All scouts should be useful in late game too (when speed 6 is no more something rare) that's why they have been upgraded.

At the time was suggested to make human one double action but if you feel that late game is too weak is possible to make its stats better.

Headless horseman is a seeker for invisible units (since it has no eyes and doesn't rely on sight) so can be either be useful or not depending on the enemy you face.

Elves haven't currntly a scout but we will add one to allow them to have a cost 3 speed 6 unit as well.

Dwarven cavalry one is the equivalent of raptor rider (dwarves have +1 cost on all units so its lancer was made to have as well - 1 cost compared to the "knight" unit).

Scalefolks at the moment can be considered out of game since they are not under rework yet and we already know they aren't working efficiently.

So feel free to suggest improvements to other scouts to make them viable options once upgraded.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Separate topic, right?
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Of course.

Can you post both old and new stats for them?

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”