age of fantasy unit bugs IMPLEMENTED

flowerpower34x9

age of fantasy unit bugs IMPLEMENTED

Post by flowerpower34x9 »

To start, thanks for the great game.
Ive noticed some things i am sure u did not mean,

1, GREEN dragons only move if u grabthe waypoint button, and if u dont move them or manually end their turn they run wild. They will usually from what ive seen go to the nearest town and wait if u dont manually waypoint move them each turn.

2, why are the new deathknights attacking themselves and their own team? If i dknt end their turn manually, at the end of the urn deathknights will firebalL whatever is closest, i find this frustrating but both these bugs are small and ive found ways to play around them.

Thanks again for all your help in understanding these bugs
COOLguy

Re: age of fantasy unit bugs

Post by COOLguy »

(Moved to AoF forum)
Thanks!
Josh
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

1) Green dragon. It was meant to attack enemies on his own but i agree that currently AI isn't great

2) It just automatically cast the only spell it knows. Until this one is fixed you should just end the turn of every death knights before skipping turn.
Age of Fantasy design leader
flowerpower34x9

So then the bug is really that it can be controlled by the waypoint button, and then that the ai can be very misdirected, maybe a troll shaman can cast something similar to a vanishing plus 1, except for the green dragon it would be like a sooth sayer song, otherwise the dragon is out of control... and any sooh sayer can calm a wild dragon... for a short time.

And yeah with the death knights im not sure how that can be fixed i understand that manually ending their turn is the best current solution its just small things i see here and there but i love the games...
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I'll try removing the default spell autocast from the json
flowerpower34x9

Thanks for explaining it for me and sorry i originally posted in the wrongnspot
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

No problem
jboer2

Post by jboer2 »

Could we remove the auto spell cast for the Elf Wizard as well please? This unit sometimes attacks itself as well. From what I can tell, it will autocast the last spell you ordered it to cast on its next opportunity. Eg, I cast lightning then end turn. Next turn I don't order it, then it autocasts lightning on itself.
I'm not sure if the human mage does this as well.
Thus it may be know that the leader of armies is the arbiter of the people's fate, the one on whom it depends whether the nation shall be in peace or in peril.
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

currently they do not cast it if it would harm friendly unit. so it is fixed. please confirm

green dragon was intentioneal - but yes, AI is not strong - but we have another topic about it i believe.
jboer2

Re: age of fantasy unit bugs IMPLEMENTED

Post by jboer2 »

Hey Dev,

Just ran some tests on the Death Knight and it is still autocasting its fire attack at any unit including friendly units.
Thus it may be know that the leader of armies is the arbiter of the people's fate, the one on whom it depends whether the nation shall be in peace or in peril.
The Pendulum

Post by The Pendulum »

jboer2 wrote:Hey Dev,

Just ran some tests on the Death Knight and it is still autocasting its fire attack at any unit including friendly units.
Bump
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

ok, it is surely fixed now

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”