Orc need some defense for their bases - IMPLEMENTED

Alexander82

Orc need some defense for their bases - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

By playing lately i understood one of the greater downside for the orc race.

They lack any form of a real defence for their bases.

- They can't build defensive towers
- They haven't a fast way to develop a big amount of strong long ranged units
- Their best units are costly
- The volcano is the only mega building with a single shooting attack

So in the early game any player that reach an orc player with a few ranged units and maybe some supporting melee to take the blows can easily take on that base.
I think that we should make some use for the orc tower like we did for the undead one (that you can turn into a golem when is going to fall down, something that the AI never does).

My suggestion are to make the volcano shot at least 2 hits (instead of 3 of other mega building, but keeping the splash damage) and to make a rework for the current towers to make them shot a single hit like the current one of the volcano.
Also their defensive buildings (that are piles of rocks or real mountains) should be impervious to any kind or pierce damage (you can't take down a hill by shooting arrows on it). They should have a high pierce armor and should be able to reduce pierce damage to 0 (as far as i remember right now if you make less than 1 damage you still deal at least 1) so that enemies should be forced to attack bases in melee or with siege units.

what do you think?
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alpha

Re: Orc need some defense for their bases

Post by Alpha »

I think we should make aw orc archer tower which is weaker then a standard human archer tower, a Troll Sharpshooter Tower, a Troll Headhunter Tower, or any other ranged orcs
Epic Gamer Moment!
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

I right orcs buldings must got high price armor. But idea of orcs archer tower is... no too creative. I agrre vulcan shoot two times and I like idea of small (1/1) vulcans shoot one time and deal damege... mayby like forteress but not price,and got smaller range (mayby like guard tower.)
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I think it might be implemented easily (they are effects already in game)

What do you think Daniel?
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”