Ent - golem rebalance - IMPLEMENTED

Alexander82

Ent - golem rebalance - IMPLEMENTED

Post by Alexander82 »

I seriously think that ents need to be rebalanced; especially the summoned one.
Considering that the elves were the race less meant to be able to fight in a melee range they have pretty considerable stats.
I'm comparing them to the other big units already in game, the bone golem, the troll and the ettin.
Ent.jpg
Ent.jpg (31.08 KiB) Viewed 1716 times
As you can see the Ent Warrior is the one with more HP for a cost of 7. You might say that his attack is weaker compared to the troll but being slow units they are bot meant more for defending than attacking and without burning effects there isn't much you can do to dispose of a single one (in melee you are limited in the number of attackers and his great pierce armor makes every ranged attack useless). I think that his hp should be, at least, lowered to 100.

The other one, the summoned Ent, has the same stats of the normal one aside the hp (that aren't a great problem, considering that he has vanishing 2 and you can summon one every turn for every mage you control). Being slow is not a great problem because you just summon him where you need him to be and act better than every wall. I think that here we might really consider lowering his attack to a more fair amount for a summoned unit (like 8) and lower his armor to 0/4 so that he act just as a decent defense.

I also think that we might consider improving the bone golem stats (at least regarding pierce armor) because he is mostly used as a defense.
Age of Fantasy design leader
Alexander82

Re: Ent - golem rebalance

Post by Alexander82 »

Moreover, why should i build a ent warrior that cost 7 when i can build a elven mage that cost 6 and has always 2 fresh ent warriors with a bit less hp, but that will definitely last for their entire 2 turns, that can be summoned where the mage is and that can move 2 tiles (+1 for the one they are summoned in) from the mage itself without needing to catch up with the rest of the army?

It is a summon that makes useless the effective unit (the ent warrior) cause you just have 3 units for the price of one.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Daniel what you think about it?
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

Sorry.what is the stat correction here?
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

I suggest lowering the normal ent hp to 100,

The summoned ent instead should be nerfed (with 6 turn is like having a caster + 2 ents that cost 7 turns that you can move as fast as you want)

I'd use those stats:
HP 40
Attack 7
Range 1
Armor 1
Pierce 4
Speed 2
Sight 4
Action 1

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”