garrisoning issues ANSWERED

Sunrise Samurai

garrisoning issues ANSWERED

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

The garrisoning function on buildings has a few bugs to present. First, it often renders builder units unable to build while inside a building, and mage units unable to spawn fireball/lightning storm attacks or summon. Second, with TCs it is difficult to tell which unit will be placed at the front to be attacked and counterattack. Also, for some reason I discovered that an elf druid can be garrisoned in a plant bridge sometimes if told to summon a wolf while on the bridge. Not sure if this works with any other units, but I know it isn't the intended function of bridges to garrison units. On a somewhat related topic, forestwalk can be needlessly given to most buildings by an elf druid, despite their inability to move at all. Are we going to take a page from warcraft 3, where elf buildings can often get up and move themselves as needed? :lol:
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Re: garrisoning issues

Post by Stratego (dev) »

First, it often renders builder units unable to build while inside a building, and mage units unable to spawn fireball/lightning storm attacks or summon
this is not bug, a feature :) ->you can not mend/cast/build from buildings generally, the only exception is the TC.
Second, with TCs it is difficult to tell which unit will be placed at the front to be attacked and counterattack.
yes this is ment to be random - but actually it is not :)
an elf druid can be garrisoned in a plant bridge sometimes if told to summon a wolf while on the bridge
i dont understand this one, garrisoned?
On a somewhat related topic, forestwalk can be needlessly given to most buildings by an elf druid, despite their inability to move at all.
you mean they autmatically gives forestwalk to buildings, i thought i have fixed that - but i will check thanks!
Are we going to take a page from warcraft 3, where elf buildings can often get up and move themselves as needed?
Actually this is a pretty good idea! please open new topics with specific suggestions to which building should be able to walk - thanks.
Sunrise Samurai

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

With the bridge issue, the image faded and selecting the bridge brought up the movement of the unit without spells. The info button showed the bridge alone, though moving the elf druid inside fixed the issue
The glorious sun rises again
Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

if ayny problem is open here, please open new topic to them.

Return to “Archived - Reporting Issues”