TC Fairness n Placement

Issues in the game itself, so no crash report but anything that works badly / or other way it should- but without a crash.
RiverRaider 1097

TC Fairness n Placement

Post by RiverRaider 1097 »

I've noticed a lot of the maps now a days have unfair starting positions like, one army will have all his ( allotted) tc close while the other player is spread out so far he may lose a couple?..which happened to me on a map in Dooms last tourney, but moving forward..lol ) Also the placement of army's is unfair on some maps.. example: am now in a World War game where 2 armies are on the same small continent..don't know which..while the other two armies are land grabbing and building, very unfair, one of the players on the small continent quit for getting ripped off. I'm playing in another game where the second player always gets stuck in a cave with 2 tc one way out and in (unless bridge) the other players gets3- 4...player one uses this set up to there advantage because they are at the entrance the( Venus Fly Trap) player 2 the fly which gives player 1 an advantage over all in game? In my opinion every one on the map should start equally with the same opportunities as there enemy?
and remember,wherever your at,there you are
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Re: TC Fairness n Placement

Post by DoomCarrot »

See, the main issue is:

1. Terrible map design (Yes I'm pointing at you, practically every continent map and lot of others).
2. Impractical number of players (3 players on North-South... What do you expect, SOMEONE is gonna start on a tiny island).
3. The game engine being a troll.

So, to prevent this, make sure you play fair maps, (although unfair ones are fun occasionally :lol: ), have the right number of players for the map if you can, and pray to Daniel that the game engine will not decide to troll you hard.
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.
COOLguy

Post by COOLguy »

Not all "unfair" maps are completely unfair - a small island is easier to defend than the huge continent.

But yeah, on North-South, you really need to have an even number of players. And the world maps are unfair. :)
Thanks!
Josh
DoomCarrot
Location: Commanding General's quarters, a tall keep above the mighty city of Carrot's Point

Post by DoomCarrot »

Well yes, like when I made a super land army on guadacanal and took half the world but couldn't defend so much coastline. :lol:
The day is coming when a single carrot, freshly observed, will set off a revolution.

Return to “Game”