SPECTRAL RIDER - IMPLEMENTED

TheBluePhoenix

SPECTRAL RIDER - IMPLEMENTED

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Elite undead cavalry.
I dont know how to draw yet so i will just explain.
He is from hell to capture souls. rides on a skeletal horse and is a ghost like creature with a purple cloak and a sickle like huge curved weapon in 1 hand on a long staff.
Abilities. To kill him first you need to kill his horse. Then he is easily killable
Catch: if you kill his horse (ie without horse he is called grim reaper for simplicity)and somehow the rider comes across a skeleton of a dead knight then he can revive it and use it again to regain his previous stats. His cost will be 8 turns 45 health and 15 power for spectral rider and 11 health and 7 power for grim reaper. If you like it then i will give you other details and stats
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

TheBluePhoenix

Re: SPECTRAL RIDER

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Any suggestions anyone?
BEWARE!!!!The long lost empire of phoenicia is rising- The world is but just near the golden age,wherein men played and frolicked,without any worries at all

ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

I like it, but im not sure if the games engine can change a units image/stats in a random/multiplayer game. If it can I think with a bit of editing it could be pretty cool :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

may be a grim reaper can be created a seperate unit as grim reaper which can also upgrade to a spectral rider but can be killed easily before that. Maybe a turn cst of 5 to it wont make it op

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

anybody in favour of this unit?

ejm29

Post by ejm29 »

Ive just thought, the original idea would probably work. As a similar effect happens when a unit dies (the corpse) if so, im favour of it! :)
"I don't care who I have to step on on my way down."
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

THANKS!!!!
Ok then any more ppl??

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Nobody has anything to say about this unit??

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Current undead cavalry it's already pretty strong and there is also a image for an upgrade, i also would like to prefer to concentrate on particular units (like golems and different kind of monster) to give undead a different flavor.
About a grim reaper unit could be nice but it sound more like a hero unit
Age of Fantasy design leader
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Dont worry . try using the pikemen against it. I basically thought of spearthrower for the same reason but no body approved of it. The grim reaper can easily be killed with arrows

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

You can kill oyher knight with archers and other units, if you don't have some pikemen ready, some undead knights can easily destroy your army...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thats why i recommended using spearthrowering unit

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

Yes, but a unit that requires a counter-unit or is otherwise too strong is not balanced...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Hmmm... not quite . Every unit will have some strengths and weaknesses . It will be strong against some unit types and completely useless against others. So i think its just fine

Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

that is ok, but it's invulnerable against some kinds, and it's not a 8 turns unit
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

It is a 8 turns unit

Pepe

Post by Pepe »

Good idea but no one will make a 8 turn cavalry unit...
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Thats the reason i intend to make the grim reaper a seperate unit too.

SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Although the spectral rider would be badass turning into a sub unit upon being defeated I would suggest keeping the spectral rider in its own image allowing other options ( not just including mine ) for possible options of an additional hero unit.
Normal is an illusion.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

What options?
This is supposed to be a strong cavalry unit which has a chance of surviving even after being defeated.but if someone thinks it to be too costly, he can directly make the weak unit and find an undead cavalry unit.but i thought that people would deliberately make a grim reaper and undead knight together and then kill the knight using it to make a spectral rider.so . Thought there should be another restriction on the revival of spectral rider... or reduce the turn cost of the rider With some stats too for balancing...

SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

Hey man I'm not hating on your idea. If it can be created go for it I just commented a theory as asked. Other possible options as in unit ideas from players who would like the name or similar and being unable as 1 unit is 2. Does that make sense? Its late I've been drinking
Normal is an illusion.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

SirDoucheBag wrote:Hey man I'm not hating on your idea. If it can be created go for it I just commented a theory as asked. Other possible options as in unit ideas from players who would like the name or similar and being unable as 1 unit is 2. Does that make sense? Its late I've been drinking
But i never said that you hated my idea
I just combined two points in one msg and asked you what you meant to suggest for the betterment of the unit because i did not understand what u actually meant.hence i asked for clarity and in turn cleared my stance about what i wanted in this unit.
Anyways what do u suggest? Can the unit be misused as i specified?

SirDoucheBag

Post by SirDoucheBag »

I like it man I do go for it. It will be a popular unit for sure but consider some of my unit stats I suggested for when the spectral rider becomes a Foot unit. Almost swap abilities per se between the two. Allowing different styles of combat when in The rider or foot unit class.
Normal is an illusion.
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Actually i am against that because that way the spectral rider will become invincible.i get yourr point though,and i will suggest new stats for it

TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Patroid the new design leader- do u suggest anything?

patroid

Post by patroid »

Hi,
Sound cool, but i think yust as Uograde unit...not as main.
I think we should focus on To Do list that u find in Fantasy Section. We have mainly to do
On Wagons, and towers...so unique style for races... .

Patroid
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Ok but this is not an upgrade unit - it is a seperate unit itself

patroid

Post by patroid »

With upgrade unit i meant that u need to unlock it with gems
Patroid
TheBluePhoenix

Post by TheBluePhoenix »

Can we have this in or is there something wrong with this unit?

Stratego (dev)
Site Admin

Post by Stratego (dev) »

it would be cool but we have no image :)

Return to “Archived - Undead Units, Buildings”