Enchanted Arrows - ANSWERED

Sunrise Samurai

Enchanted Arrows - ANSWERED

Post by Sunrise Samurai »

Must research before being able to build any. All are built at elf blacksmith. Research cost 5, at elf blacksmith.

Red/green/yellow arrow
Cost 1
Hp 5
Speed 5
Power 0
Armor 0
Invisible to enemies, can sacrifice self to give flame/poison​/lighting weapon to an archer for 3 turns.

Black arrow (yes, like the one to kill smaug in lotr)
Cost 5
Same stats
Invisible to enemies, can sacrifice self to empower an archer's *NEXT* attack (only one attack) to instantly kill any non-building unit.

The first 3 are obvious, but black arrow is essentially a roundabout assassin, costing 5 instead of 4, and piggybacking on another units attack to gain their range. For this reason, it can't be used on buildings, since it doesn't have to get close enough for discovery.

This gives blacksmith buildings another reason to stick around beyond the techs, and you don't know if your enemy is using it to make black arrows or upgrading themselves.
The glorious sun rises again
LordOfAles

Re: Enchanted Arrows

Post by LordOfAles »

I think these effects should be applyable only for normal archers,if on others this would be too OP
I am, indeed, a big Witch King and Middle Earth fan if you didn't notice.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

And one effect at time
Midonik

Post by Midonik »

Idea souds great,but balancing... Ranged assasin is kinda strong,isnt it? I aggre to efects work only at basic archer at least someone will use them :lol: and it will be more balanced,I think.
Support new AoS variant, Age of Galaxy: http://ageofstrategy.net/viewforum.php? ... 608408ebc8
All help will be welcome.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Also i dont agreee with the current stats of black arrow,for now i give you two options:

Arrow damage is 60
Cost:4

2.Raise the cost to 6 or 7,because an elf archer with with vision and strenghten can easily deal with Ettin from a very far distance
Puss_in_Boots

Post by Puss_in_Boots »

Make enchanted arrows a unit pack, with each having chance of productions like this:
R:35%
G:45%
Y:15%
B:5%
OLÉ
Sunrise Samurai

@puss. I'd rather not have it random​. Sorry.

@LOA. for black arrow, I think 4 cost and adds 60 damage to the next attack would work. Not quite an assassin like ability, but it seems more fair anyway.

Considering the others actually take the use of a factory building to make, and not just a mage helping out, I'd say they should work for all archers.

Another one, same stats, but 2 cost: "magic arrow" increases the attack power for the archer by 3.
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Add it to first post
LordOfAles

Post by LordOfAles »

Hmm,we could apply all these arrows like unlockable abilities for Arrow Mage,but swap cost and cooldown.The current way of applying them for archers will be in at the same time
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

It seems a bit too strong even because you might add those great effects to a cheap archer when you need it, risking no costly unit in the meantime.

I am strongly against ranged assassinations (normal one is already incredibly strong if you know how to use it)

I qould, instead make those techs to allow the construction of different elven units (with lightning mostly since dryads already have poison and the fire archer is already in).
Age of Fantasy design leader
Sunrise Samurai

You might be right. I mostly suggested it because I thought ​it was a novel idea.
Alexander82

Post by Alexander82 »

The idea is nice from a flavour point of view but it is really difficult to balance.
Age of Fantasy design leader

Return to “Archived - Elven Units, Buildings”